Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What is your opinion???? reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What is your opinion???? reviews

So Im building my first real build from ground up. I have looked and have not found to many people that review there new or old equipment. What do you have, what did you have? What did you like/dislike about it. I just think we as a group should have one place to post more info about the thing we run or have tryed that worked or failed.

If there is a review thread I have not found it.

I will start by saying I havent got all my parts for my build. But I have a AB Design chassis and It seems to be well designed and a clean look. I will give it a good workout when I get it together and let you all know My "OPINION" on it likes/dilikes.

Post everything

Thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

I think a lot of the build threads sorta cover likes and dislikes.
I tried to put as much info into my scx10 build that I could.

Buxom Melons: Class 2 VW Beetle
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I think a lot of the build threads sorta cover likes and dislikes.
I tried to put as much info into my scx10 build that I could.

Buxom Melons: Class 2 VW Beetle
cool. but as you know, Its kinda hard to remember where you saw something, who said it was good/bad. So I was just tryin to get some info on parts, tires, esc, servo's. Things we look for in those build threads. I think if people start reviewing stuff in one spot then you have a better chance of finding info your looking for.

thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I like to run axial ax10/scx10 because both stock and aftermarket parts are so easy to find.

What kind of truck are you trying to build? Scale?moa?comp?

Last edited by spookyseven; 08-18-2011 at 11:50 AM.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Im building a super shafty. I was the lucky winner of the ab design chassis and the super shafty axles. I also have and built an ax-10/scx-10. I will be posting info and opinion's on there equipment as well.

thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
RCC Addict

i think this thread is a good idea too because when i think of something that was done on a build i cant find the build thread..

so here's my "review".

-im running 2.2 TSL tires on my rig because i didnt like the lack of ground clearance on my stock 1.9 flatirons.. got hung up on every dinky little rock...
-im running an hs645mg steering servo because the stock one just couldnt turn the 2.2's like i wanted them to.
-i dont like where the stock location of the receiver is, its a PITA when you want to plug something in, gotta pull the whole battery tray and crap off.. the receiver will get relocated soon.

thats it so far.. i spend a LOT of time on RCC looking at build threads and getting ideas and stuff on how to make my crawler better.. of course there's some people that dont like my honcho and they can stuff it.... i dont care i like it and its paid for!!!
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ok so I got some info and will update the more I use it

"CKRC Special" MG946R, 208oz Torque Metal Gear Servo

Ok so I got 2 of these and thought it would be a nice starter for my super shafty. I was wrong..I would like to say up front I dont bash people if I can help it. But I orderd 2 servos, 2 servo horns, and a tranny. I got it 3 weeks after I orderd it from ckrc...I wasnt happy. Now to the servo's, Look good and for the price they seem to be what you pay for. I would say good for a 1.9 or light 2.2, they are slower than other servo's I have owned. I will be doing some major testing of them this week as Im getting my lipo's tomorrow.

I also got the hot racing tranny from them, it spins nice and smooth, but while spining it I noticed that the spur gear was out of round. I have heard the from other people as well. I installed it in my SS as well and will be testin the heck out of it. I did modify it by installing the 8mm output shafts from supershafty.com and the are really beefy. I think the only change I would do for this tranny so far would be to fix the spur gear.

Thats all I have for now

Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Buggy what do you think of those Trenchers you got for your super shafty? Any plans for siping them?
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I just got it all running tonight. Im going to test it tomorrow and will post my thoughts. As of now I had to narrow the wheels to get them to not rub the lower links but I will be testin the heck out of them so should have some good info for you.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Trencher tires: I have ran them a few times now. They are a soft grippy rubber and seem to stick to the rocks well. I think that they would be better suited for bashing or if your looking for an all round good tire. I also would have to add that they would probly be alot better in the rocks if they were narrowed. I give them for crawling and for bashing.

Hot racing metal gear locked tranny: I love it!! It runs very nice and takes all the abuse that my 14turn puller can give it running a 87t spur and 20t pinion. I only found 1 bad thing and that was the spur gear was out of round or something. I give it a .

HH puller 14turn: HOOOLLLLLYYYY smokes..This is just a nasty little motor..I totaly under stand where how it got its rep. I got this motor new, hh is great to work with. For those of you that have never seen this motor in person, I will explain that it is a monster..You have hear this alot Im sure. But must everyone thinks it is huge in size(I did) and then I got it. It isnt as big in size as you might imagin. Its just abit longer. The monster part people have talked about is its power...WOW I got way more than I thought I would. This thing turns 40series trenchers on my 10lb shafty like nothin. I give this motor and would recomend it.

Servo MG946, 208oz metal gear servo: Im on the fence with this one. I think it would be great in a scaler but recomend smaller tires. I still have to test it abit more. I will post after I thrash on it awhile and see how it holds up.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks