Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 6x6 losi mrc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #1

Default 6x6 losi mrc

just wandering if anyone has built a 6 wheel drive lose mrc, i been looking everywhere trying to find a set of diffs so i can make the middle diff but i cant seem to find anywhere were they sell the complete diff. i am thinking of making chassis rails out of perspex or aluminium. preferably perspex as it is easier to work with. for the rear diff i think ill just run 2 links off the chassis with a panhard bar (think thats what there called). for the shell i have a suzuki sierra (speedway pal one) and i have cute the back of it so it is a styleside ute sort of thing and i an thinking i could cute through the centre of the wheel wells and extend it so the two rear diffs can fit under it. ive seen people mod poly carbonate bodies but im not sure how you would do it, has anyone done anything like that?
sheeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #2

i took some mock up photos with just some tires sitting behind it. what do you guys think? im not sure about the shell because im not sure about extending it? pictures with my honcho for size comparesment.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict

it actually may be possible, if you get 2 male outdrive housings for the middle axle, so then you have power to the very rear and get power from your center..

Also, you could just make a plate, with 6 holes in it, enough for the axle mounts.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #4

yes i think its quiet possible, i have an idea to do with the middle axle just get to fronts off the rear axles and bolt them together and than run a rear diff on tha very back but i think it might have to go upside down so it spins the right direction, not sure yet. the main problem i have is finding another set off diffs i need 2 rear diffs to make the middle one. im not sure what you mean with the plate though? i was thinking even get box section brass or something and just make a simple chassis out of that.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
RCC Addict

IMO, i think you should keep your front running, and add more power to the rear.. in order to make a set off diffs, you will need to buy the whole axle housing kit from losi, their like $10 a pop. not too bad considering they are axles, and quite durable for what they are.

Oh, on the axles, you will find 3 screw holes, inorder to mount a single plate, I was suggesting you build a solid plate long enough to connect the rears. Unless, you can make a long chassis, and have 6 shocks. (this would be very interesting to watch get built)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #6

im not sure what you mean with add more power to the rear? i am thinking have the transmition in between the front axle and the first rear one like it normally is than have the middle diff with a drive shaft coming out the back to drive the last diff. and i am going to go with a long chassis and have 6 springs, just make a long retangluar chassis that is the hole lenght than for the rear diff run the arms onto the middle diff because with the middle diff it will have the mounting points for it because of using the front of another diff to be the rear of the middle diff. than run a panhard bar from the rear diff to the chassis to stop the rear diff moving side to side.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #7

do you have a link to the axles from losi?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeno View Post
im not sure what you mean with add more power to the rear? i am thinking have the transmition in between the front axle and the first rear one like it normally is than have the middle diff with a drive shaft coming out the back to drive the last diff. and i am going to go with a long chassis and have 6 springs, just make a long retangluar chassis that is the hole lenght than for the rear diff run the arms onto the middle diff because with the middle diff it will have the mounting points for it because of using the front of another diff to be the rear of the middle diff. than run a panhard bar from the rear diff to the chassis to stop the rear diff moving side to side.
ohhh ^ this is what i am talking about. lol
Old 08-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
do you have a link to the axles from losi?
i believe its Losb1405
Old 08-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #10

thanks, just have to find somewhere that will ship them to Australia. do you have any idea on how to extend the lexan shell to accommodate for the 2 rear axles?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
thanks, just have to find somewhere that will ship them to Australia. do you have any idea on how to extend the lexan shell to accommodate for the 2 rear axles?
one local crawler told me he used a lighter, lexan scissors, scrap lexan and time to add length to his body...... Not sure how well it holds.. but his body is holding if you ask me..

if i were you, you could try this, but just practice on smaller pieces, so if you do mess up, you dont care about your body going to waste... Another option is just buying the body again, and just cut the rear, and find a way to mount it "permanantly" on the rear-est axle.

As for shipping to Australia, i would just go to your local hobby shop and ask them to order your part Losb1405.. This way, you save on shipping a bit..
Old 08-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #12

ill see if the shop in town can order it for me, not sure though cause we only have a toyworld and i dont think they carry any losi stuff. another thing i could do with the body is make it into a ute that has a tray. would look okay but i would stll have to figure out a way to make the back wall.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #13

Default cool idea

hope you pull it off i'd like to see this 6 wheel mini-monster
GnarKill is offline   Reply With Quote