Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: lcc/ axial crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default lcc/ axial crawler

i was at the lhs looking for parts for my swx ax10, so i could finally finish it. when i was there they had an lcc so i started to look at the box. it had some parts i wanted to use such as body, wheels, springs, and dig, and possibly chassis. so i got it. when i got home i decides to go a little differently with this truck.

since the body is already trimmed and has holes for the lcc chassis i decided to keep the chassis. so in came the integy alloy axle for an ax10, i looked to see if the 4 link would work on the axle. well it wont so i used the upper link from the swx mounted to were one of the trays mount on the chassis. the rig is going to get a plastic axial axle in the back, i ordered 4 a few weeks ago but only 3 came in, other 2 are on my scx/ax truck.

for shocks im using traxxas emaxx with lcc springs. the wheels are stock hpi crawler king.

progress so far
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Got Worms?

I hope you realize the lcc tranny won't work with axial axles

Its wrong gearing (so it'll be super fast) and the dig doesn't work with axial axles, it'll just be free wheel.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
RCC Addict

thats fine with me if its fast. since you said the dig wont work, will it basically be 2 or 4 wheel drive
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The dig wont work because it will just turn off an axle without locking it. I believe the dig in the LCC relys in the inherint resistence in the worm gear axles to lock the axle not receiving power.

As far as the gearing, isnt the LCC transmission geared much lower then the Axial transmission to overcome that worm gear drive? So it would go a whole lot slower. I think at least
federally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
www.ottsix.com

What you're trying to do won't take you anywhere good, it's just going to be a money pit.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote