Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Need help finding offset rod ends!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Need help finding offset rod ends!

Well I been searching a bit and I do not know of all the hobby stores or makers of any but what I am looking for is METAL Offset rod ends. I can't seem to find any and just for reference the picture is included.
I use these alot on my crawlers and plastic just keeps stripping out. the picture ones are not metal though they look it..

Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

There arent very many metal rod ends in use by anyone here. I have never seen a metal offset end like that. Typically the metal ones wear out and get sloppy on the ball end.

Is the thread just stripping out of them or the ball? Have you thought about using a larger thread? Typically the most durable rod ends are traxxas revo ends, they use a larger thread (8-32) and just work. They are not offset but you may be able to get around needing them to be if you work with your links a bit.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Ya it's just annoying to use traxxas not much in adjusting but the metal slop I do know it's just what the issue is the 4 links that attach into my skid plate I have up and the ones down on the axle to give same clearance"ish" and being a bit lower also pushes them out a little more. Also to point out I needed them to strengthen my axles for a tugowar it's basically the only non metal peice and thus the issue. Thanks anyways
Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The 4mm Revo or longer Jato ends WILL hold, you'll find nearly every comp crawler on this site uses them (a few will still be on stock ends) along with the mass majority of scale builds, including TTC/Class 3 builds with insane motors, 4s-6s lipo's and weighing 10 lbs. There is not a stronger end out there yet. The 3mm Traxxas ends will pull same as a stock end, 4mm is much stronger plus usually means a stronger link itself also.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote