Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: newb question....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #1

Default newb question....

Ok I have been thru all 4 pages of this forum and i have SEEN it done many ways. What is the best process for mounting the 2.2's. I also am torn weather to stretch the single pole in the middle or the side poles....I am in the process of modding my 8 year olds new scorpion and want to do it right so he sticks with it !!!
smashn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

first, do you have one set of 2.2s you'll be running? or multiple sets? i would suggest lengthening the single one, remove the blue part, get a carage bolt, cut the head off (so you have threaded area and a square top) then put the quare top in the plastic part that conects to the to arms, then just put a nut on the end. i would also go with a tummy tuck, its one of the best things you can do

heres what i did to mine, if you want help on any thing feel free to pm me and i'll snap some pics and help as much as possible
mods done so far on my 1/18th

Last edited by Bknight; 05-21-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Bknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #3

Yea i have only one set so i am pretty sure i am going to have to attach the old rim to the inside of the wheel somehow. I guess i asked a pretty vague question on that one my bad. I am using traxxas 2.2 rims with moabs on them. is it best to actually use screws thru the rims or glue the old rim into the new one? Or both? Your rig looks sweet, I have the scorpion i think i am going to try and keep stock location on the shocks just extend them out a ways. Have been looking at different mounting locations on the axle though that look interesting as well! P.S. i am not a total newb i have built a couple clod crawlers.....I just dont want to go to far with all the plastic i am working with here for attachments and create weak spots!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

heres a post with some stuff i did to my truck.most of which is documented so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

More Mods And A New Look
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #5

Thanx for the info....I am really into this version of 2.2 crawlers...I blew a boat load on building my clod and now i really wanted a 2.2 with the ease these mod and a whole new parts truk costing less than 1 clod axle lol cant go wrong! Thancks for the input guys hope to have some action shots soon!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:21 AM   #6

Here's how I did my 2.2 wheels. I wish I had done this first before I ruined the stock wheels. I still have the othe 2.2 wheels that are bolted to the stock chrome.
Wheels to do the 2.2

Toby
twistedcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote