Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Xtreme Temperatures Lube Grease

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #1

Default Xtreme Temperatures Lube Grease

Come and check it out! Extreme Temperatures
Diferentials, open gear drives! The best lube out!
norcalebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
no talent hack

It says $5 in the description and then $10 when you try and buy?
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

What extreme are we lubing against with this? Hot or cold weather? I see it says semi fluid in the description. Will it leak out the cracks in your gearboxes?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #4

$5.00 per 1 10 mil. container + $5.00 shipping to anywhere in the US ( price is combined on my website ). If you buy more than 1 I will combine shipping at same cost up to 4 more 10 mil. containers in same package! Yes great pumpabilty a colder and warmer temps! The semi fluid also does have great leak seal characteristics in leaky gear drives! At the same time it will also work with open gear drives! The best all around semi fluid ever made!

Last edited by norcalebert; 10-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

What sets this apart from the 2 current other lubes found on rcc? I really like the team3six lube he sells. Is there any advantage to this semi fluid style lube over that? How much do you need to sufficiently cover the gears? How long is the service life? How does it do with the losi gears? I will be honest I am skeptical with you being a new vendor popping up and knowing nothing about you. Was this lube developed specifically for rc like some of the others?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Sounds cool, but as asked above will it leak out. I have had lucas red'n tacky leak out of axles in hot conditions. I am currently running GS and it stays put. I have been running the same grease since the beginning of summer.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #7

Default benifits

Alright the reason I developed this grease with an oil company is because of the losi worms! I have 2 losi 1/10 lcc and nightcrawler also moa with bully axles... What sets this aside from others is the quality to use. It has great " high mileage " protection, excellent anti corrosion, water resistanse, pumpabilty at all temps, etc... As for its great leak proof seal integrity you have to eliminate out alot of other reasons. EXAMPLE Any enclosed gear drive is going to create preasures and slowy create faster leaking. So axle vent breathers is my biggest opinion to that solution, so eliminate all your options before you blame any grease. No grease will seal anything. I say try this out because this semi fluid gear oil grease cannot be poured but yet its great leak seal integrity does still have pumpability at all temps! It also works on open gear drives!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalebert View Post
Alright the reason I developed this grease with an oil company is because of the losi worms! I have 2 losi 1/10 lcc and nightcrawler also moa with bully axles... What sets this aside from others is the quality to use. It has great " high mileage " protection, excellent anti corrosion, water resistanse, pumpabilty at all temps, etc... As for its great leak proof seal integrity you have to eliminate out alot of other reasons. EXAMPLE Any enclosed gear drive is going to create preasures and slowy create faster leaking. So axle vent breathers is my biggest opinion to that solution, so eliminate all your options before you blame any grease. No grease will seal anything. I say try this out because this semi fluid gear oil grease cannot be poured but yet its great leak seal integrity does still have pumpability at all temps! It also works on open gear drives!
What about MOA's where the geartrain is open to the motor? Get grease or oil in the motor is not a good idea, but on an MOA LCC is a great idea. For XR10, berg, and bully, not so much. Just saying, correct me if I'm wrong.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #9

Default lube

Yeah your right oil or grease in a motor can lower performance or sometimes even destory. Any grease can cause that, even dielectric types. Reason being dust/dirt will stick to it causing it to be conductive and drawing more energy. Sometimes even short to ground, worst case! Keeping motors clean with maintenace/cleaners will help. I run this grease in my bully axles and still strong. Not much grease at all gets in but I have gone to different measures to keep it out. I dont give the grease any reason to get inn. If its enclosed with preasure path of least resistance wins! Like I said axle breathers up top... I prefer to run my gears in a bath of gear lube like any dana axle. You have to do things to make it work. I dont rely on sticky lube instead smooth constant lubrication.