Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RC4WD gears vs Axial machined for XR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RC4WD gears vs Axial machined for XR10

Hey everyone. My initial search didn't really turn up anything and I wondered if I could get some feedback on which are better for XR10? I've read a lot of people who talk about the "RC4WD" aftermarket gear replacements for XR10 and I'm not all that familiar with them. Are they better than the Machined upgrade gears from Axial? I'm sure anything is better than the stock gears, but I'd love to get some good advice on which way to spend my money for best performance and quality/longevity when upgrading. Anyone with experience on these care to weigh in and give me some good advice and or tips? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
Hey everyone. My initial search didn't really turn up anything and I wondered if I could get some feedback on which are better for XR10? I've read a lot of people who talk about the "RC4WD" aftermarket gear replacements for XR10 and I'm not all that familiar with them. Are they better than the Machined upgrade gears from Axial? I'm sure anything is better than the stock gears, but I'd love to get some good advice on which way to spend my money for best performance and quality/longevity when upgrading. Anyone with experience on these care to weigh in and give me some good advice and or tips? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

Well the RC4WD gears are heavier than the machined Axial gears for starters. The RC4WD gears are pretty stout and engage well and will never pop like Axial gears have been know to do in the past. For the money in my opinion you cannot beat the RC4WD gears for $80. I believe the Axial gears will run you close to $200 dollars. Everyone has their own opinion but mine is go with the RC4WD ones and you will not be sorry.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I think most people will tell you to go with rc4wd over axial. Some people complain about the axial gears popping.
I myself went with rc4wd gears and have been happy with them so far, ordered off their site directly, and was pretty impressed at how quickly they shipped them to me.
Matt, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCrawlGood View Post
Well the RC4WD gears are heavier than the machined Axial gears for starters. The RC4WD gears are pretty stout and engage well and will never pop like Axial gears have been know to do in the past. For the money in my opinion you cannot beat the RC4WD gears for $80. I believe the Axial gears will run you close to $200 dollars. Everyone has their own opinion but mine is go with the RC4WD ones and you will not be sorry.
Is that the "Hardened steel replacement gear set" found here?:
XR10 Hardened Steel Replacement Gear set
Old 10-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt, View Post
I think most people will tell you to go with rc4wd over axial. Some people complain about the axial gears popping.
I myself went with rc4wd gears and have been happy with them so far, ordered off their site directly, and was pretty impressed at how quickly they shipped them to me.
Seems like an awesome way to go for a first upgrade. Heck, why drop the $200 right off the bat if you can get a comparable set for $80?! It also seems that the added weight may be beneficial for low center of gravity. I am very interested indeed.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Sure is, order two.
Matt, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
Is that the "Hardened steel replacement gear set" found here?:
XR10 Hardened Steel Replacement Gear set
Ya thats them alright. you should probably order them fast since they usually sell out quick. They have been pretty tough to get lately.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote