Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SRT prototype and more!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default SRT prototype and more!

Hello, first of all I would like to let everyone know that my son and I are the new vendor on the block as of yesterday. Soon we will be bringing several things your way and some of them we hope to be ground breaking. As we work on our R&D I wanted to go ahead and let you all take a look at one of the projects we have been working on, the SRT chassis. The idea for using 1/4" acrylic on the first prototype came from one of our own members here, Nick Rummy. After cutting several different chassis and taking them to our test site know as "The Killing Grounds" this is the only one to stand up to the abuse we dealt it in acrylic. At this point we took it back apart to do a little clean up, edge flame polishing, and to add a few other things we want to try also on this test rig. Here's a few shots of it as we work through its development. We do also have an aluminum prototype of this chassis currently under development. Strength and agility are the goals here. We'll post up more soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by insanerc; 06-04-2006 at 01:13 PM.
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

wow that looks cool! any idea on price?
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlsalot
wow that looks cool! any idea on price?
Sorry but we don't have a price as of yet. We are currently running all types of test on the acrylic chassis to make sure it holds up as it must. So far it's been bullet proof but a few more test are in order. The aluminum version of this TVP type chassis will most likely be the first to be marketed by us as it's strenght is a no brainer and it has performed very well in field test. We are also getting geared up to produce custom tubers, do custom scale work, fabricate sand rails, produce a number of specialty items to make your crawlers stronger and more capable, and a number of other things that are soon to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
I don't see no stinking chassis? Nice job!
Maybe you can see these Dez...... Here is the aluminum version in a 60/40 setup with our solid aluminum links and lower mount brackets.
Attached Images

Last edited by insanerc; 06-05-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
The aluminum version will most likely be the first TVP type chassis to be marketed
hmmmm, sorry to be the negative on this thread, but your design will not be the first TVP chassis on the market. there are already a few others out there, including, but not limited to; Bender's SW2, the UTRCRC Jefferson, Double J's Vertical smile, and well, even the stock TLT chassisis a TVP.

it still does look really sharp, and it's nice to see more build options for the sport, but it's NOT the first TVP chassis.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
hmmmm, sorry to be the negative on this thread, but your design will not be the first TVP chassis on the market. there are already a few others out there, including, but not limited to; Bender's SW2, the UTRCRC Jefferson, Double J's Vertical smile, and well, even the stock TLT chassisis a TVP.

it still does look really sharp, and it's nice to see more build options for the sport, but it's NOT the first TVP chassis.
I guess I should make myself more clear. I did not mean to say this will be the first TVP type chassis on the market but rather most likely the first release from us. There are many TVP chassis on the market and have been for a long time. I think my first TVP chassis was an HPI Savage some time ago. Anyway thanks for the heads up on that so I can correct it and thanks for the complement.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The TVP chassis started a long time before the Savage. The Tamiya Jugg and TXT both had this style chassis, along with aftermarket chassis' from ESP and others.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCrawler
The TVP chassis started a long time before the Savage. The Tamiya Jugg and TXT both had this style chassis, along with aftermarket chassis' from ESP and others.

I only stated that the Savage was my first Twin Vertical Plate chassis and not the first one on the market I believe.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
RCC Addict

ok, just as long as you cleared up the air, you're OOOOOK....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #9
RCC Addict

how about one setup for a stealth???
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Hello 4stAir,

Setting it up for a stealth tranny wouldn't be a problem at all as we have designed this chassis to be very versatile as far as tranny choices. If you'll look close at the picks of the two chassis you'll notice that we used two different trannys in this testing alone only requiring the drilling of some different holes. To set it up for a stealth tranny I would need to have a simple drawing with dimensions and mounting hole layouts is all. Other than that it's an easy substitution.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
I think you should send me the Wonder Woman Crawler, so I can "test" it for you!

I'm going to run a clear Rock Pleazer body and siver decals!
Well you never can tell. Oh and I have to admitt, your name for the acrylic version is starting to get stuck in my mind. Check this out and WONDER why!
Attached Images