Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: how im dealing with a Canadian winter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default how im dealing with a Canadian winter

it started out as a 4x8 wooden box a place to put some rock in to fool around with over the Canadian winter. im not sure if i have a problem or its just fun to build.
It keeps growning.
its currently 12x16 and close to 5000lb of rock and i debating getting another trailer load of rock before the snow flies. the best advantage of this is when we get bored of these lines we can move stuff around and create more

ALL the rock was hand picked and loaded to the trailer then hand bombed into the basement via the back door.
and by no means is it easy

30* RTI ramp
Pegasix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Great crawling spot, good job. I can't imagine the spiders you will have in there. EEEEEkkkk spiders, I fawking hate them. A lot of times for my job I have to run wires in places like that. I won't do it without a search and recon for spiders first. Then kill them with fire or anything else that keeps me as far away from them as possible. My co workers are always fawking with me for it, leaving fake spiders in my lunch bag or on my dashboard and so on, lol.

looks like a great way to have fun during the winter. We just had our season ending TTC yesterday and now it is a winter without comps, I am depressed
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

the house is sprayed for the spiders so were good there and as sick as this may sound lol i use the shop vac and go over everything down there to keep the dust and bugs to a min.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

course looks good. my course (its like 40' by 25') is outside in the canadian winter but thats alright. i'll have a table to set the beer on and a campfire to warm up your hands. haha.. its definitely a lot of work thats for sure.. i've done everything myself except like 4-5 big ass rocks.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I was thinking that maybe you found a Canadian beauty to snuggle up with although the pile of rocks will cause you less grief!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

nice job, that should help you get thru the winter
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

that looks awesome! wish i could do a track in my place like that
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #8

I wish my basement was clean enough to haul in a bunch of rock, right now it's so full of junk "treasures?" there isn't room for a pile of rock
Great job
Revin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revin View Post
I wish my basement was clean enough to haul in a bunch of rock, right now it's so full of junk "treasures?" there isn't room for a pile of rock
Great job
Easy fix; Strategically pile your "treasures", and crawl over them! That way the wife can't tell the difference either.
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

those are my treasures so im sure you can do the same with yours lol. and a it can get pretty nasty at times up bere others not so much but il take a warm basement and tv with rocks then ice snw and blowing bs
Old 11-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

this is awesome im just moving into a new place and we have a large basement an i to will be making a corse looks good
rockin86runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

thanks i got another trailer load of rock down there now before the rain started that makes it roughly 6ton of rock in the house. bring on the snow

got a new backpack for when we go out crawling as i have a few i always bring a complete spare truck as when im 2 hours or even 20 min from home i dont wana stop if its a good day so the spar rig used to hang from my back now via my LHS and j concepts