Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Service?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #1

Default Nylint Customer Service?

I've been trying to get through to the Funrise customer service department for more than a week now without any luck. Whenever I call it always says they are experiencing high call volume and eventually makes me leave a message. I've left 3 messages without call backs and even sent an email on Friday and still haven't heard back from anyone.

Anyone else know what's going on?
TheRumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2006, 07:22 AM   #2

My guess is that since Wally's stopped selling them, and discounted them to next to nothing, the folks at Funrise are just no longer interrested in customer service. They are obviously not making any more money on these things and have likely closed the book on it. I am doubtful that they will ever honor another warranty issue with one of these trucks.
mikeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #3

I had a few issues with them too. Took two weeks for a responce from them.
Bought a 1:6 with no charger, car stands, or low gear. ( brand new )

He said to return just the truck no battery, body, and some other stuff. Said nothing about getting me a charger.... So now it's been two more weeks and no emails about ALL the issues.

Glad I kept the receipt cuz wallyworlds getting it back!
M.O.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

There's plenty 1/6ths at my local walmart. In fact, the guy said that they had just gotten them in.
289YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #5

This has been going on for almost two weeks and the only communication I've gotten from them was a rather short and useless email saying that my stuff is probably passed it's 90 day warranty and if that's the case they can't help me.

Well, they're not past the warranty... and if I don't get a response by monday night I'll just take them back to walmart and Funrise can deal with it when the used crawlers come back to them.

It'll end up costing them more that way than if they'd just have called me back or responded to my emails. The choice was theirs and it would appear they've decided to just ignore me.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #6

Thumbs down

There's no fun, in funrise...
Old 06-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #7

Well, I sent one email and Steve replied within about 6 hours promised to send new battery. I think that's a pretty good customer service...

But that's just me.

Thx
Frank
frankegd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #8

Since you seem to have an angle, would you ask him to get me a new battery. Or reply to my e-mail at least?
mikeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I've had nothing but crap service. First I sent a few e-mails. Got some generic response, responded, they sent me the wrong part. Sent another e-mail discribing what they sent me. They sent the same message back. If I responded, I'd have another wrong part. Decided to call. Busy. Tried off and on for a couple months. (Time-zone in Hawaii makes things difficult) Oops, guess what? Warrenty is up! Call, after warrenty, finally get through. With the spectacular service reports, I figure they might understand. Nope. I NEED a reciept. Even if they had gotten in touch with me properly, during the warrenty, it was a gift. Gift=No reciept. So, I can buy a $70 replacement chassis. No thanks. Why don't you just hide your customer service contacts like all the other companies...
player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:04 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by player
I've had nothing but crap service. First I sent a few e-mails. Got some generic response, responded, they sent me the wrong part. Sent another e-mail discribing what they sent me. They sent the same message back. If I responded, I'd have another wrong part. Decided to call. Busy. Tried off and on for a couple months. (Time-zone in Hawaii makes things difficult) Oops, guess what? Warrenty is up! Call, after warrenty, finally get through. With the spectacular service reports, I figure they might understand. Nope. I NEED a reciept. Even if they had gotten in touch with me properly, during the warrenty, it was a gift. Gift=No reciept. So, I can buy a $70 replacement chassis. No thanks. Why don't you just hide your customer service contacts like all the other companies...
Cry me a River man. If anything they have been way to nice for to long. To many people are running these things to hard and breaking them themselves. Thats not there problem. I have called them and talked to them over phone though E-mails and have always had a great experence with them. Maybe it just you. Theres a thought!
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:57 PM   #11

I think too many people are trying to get free parts saying that there crawler is "defective". I emailed them about buying some replacement parts and got a very prompt response. I also had great service with my other Nylint when the battery was bad right out of the box. I never needed a receipt, just the UPC code on the box.
el burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #12

I had two come with bad batteries right out of the box. I've got a total of 5 nylints and I bought one for my little brother in addition to what I've got.

It doesn't matter, I solved the problem myself by returning them to the store. I tried to deal with them directly like it says on the box but they were impossible to get ahold of and when I did finally get a reply they were completely unhelpful.

Here's a tip FUNRISE: If you're going to have 2 out of every 6 crawlers you sell be defective maybe you shouldn't sell them at a place that takes returns as freely as Walmart. PS- enjoy all the used parts I switched out and gave back.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #13

Thumbs up Rumblefish

WORD. Walmart has an excellent repair shop for Nylints! It's close by the house in whatever city you live in. Used this myself a few times...
Old 06-23-2006, 01:59 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
Cry me a River man. If anything they have been way to nice for to long. To many people are running these things to hard and breaking them themselves. Thats not there problem. I have called them and talked to them over phone though E-mails and have always had a great experence with them. Maybe it just you. Theres a thought!
Well, after hearing the great customer service reports from here... Its a little dissapointing to experience what I did. I don't think it was me, I'm usually a very nice person. Not sure what happened, but they just as well as ignored me. :-(
player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #15

It was defiantely not because of me. I was very polite in all the messages I left on the machine and in the email I sent. They ignored me for a long time and then finally sent me an email telling me that they were passed the 90 day warranty despite the fact that I originally stated I bought them within the last month.

They just don't want to spend more money on them because of the price drop and they aren't making alot off them anymore. I can almost understand that but they could atleast talk to me about it instead of ignoring me and being dicks.

Like I said, I fixed the problem myself since they decided they didn't feel like talking.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Well, initially, the customer service was very good for me with quick replies to emails and just a few days to ship out a new battery (original was thought to be defective)....

A couple weeks later, I realized it was the charger that was the defective and not the battery (I have 2 Scorpians and swap chargers and batts all the time)

Anyhoo, I emailed them and they asked for my shipping info so they can send out a new charger and I haven't heard from them since :(

Tried calling numerous times, but could never get through :(

Also sent about 10emails since then, but I've since given up....

Rick
98 SNAKE EATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:44 AM   #17

Their customer service is crap.I have been trying to get a new part for mine since jan.I got it for Xmas.So I have no reciept or anything.Two days after getting the front axle broke.I was only using it in the house.I was told thru email it would take 4 to six weeks.8 weeks later i was told that due to Chinese New Year it would take two more weeks.I was told this by Don in am email.Two weeks later I emailed back to see if it was sent.I was told is was a mistake and I should have the new part in 7 to 10 buisness days.That was on May 8.Now I can't get Don or anyone to respond to my emails.7 monthsof being polite and this is what I get.Screw'em
cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

i agree with you all. i tried the e-mail thing, tried calling, heck i even bought another cuz i don't want to be a dick and have nylint eat the whole thing if i return it. i didn't ask about the warranty in my messages and e-mails, i asked what parts i could BUY to fix it. no response yet. i figure it's a holiday weekend so i'll give em another week but if they don't get back to me them
b2bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

I know a company should stand behind there warrenty and I can't say that I have ever dealt with nylint, but for $49 a pop I just went out and bought a spare incase anything does break.
rydinhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #20

Ya need to call like 15min before they close. Ive been trying all day today and i just got thru at 755pm (455 pst). I broke both front and rear axle couplers. I have new ones coming out in 7-10 days. Im glad, b/c its only 13 days old.....
Ragged_ol_86 is offline   Reply With Quote