Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: a little battery trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default a little battery trouble

Here is my rig, I have done most things to it I have set out to do. The only things I have left are HG electronics and to four link it.

The other day I put together a battery so I could get longer run times out of it. I used 6 Energizer 2500 Mh rechargables. They only lasted about 1 minute. I under stand the first time you charge them you dont get a full run time out of them, So I used some old ones that I have been using on my 3 W headlight for a few months. Same result. Should'nt you get a longer run time out of a 2500 Mh battery as compared to a 600 Mh battery? I had 2 of the standard batteries, so I linked them togetherso as not to double the voltage, but provide more current. That has been working good. My run rimes are around 30 minutes now, but the battery packs are heavy. Any ideas?

Thanks
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

are you shure you soldered them together correctly ? how many cells did you use ?

if your gonne use a sub c pack use a hobby grade one.im not familur with the enegizer cells.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted
are you shure you soldered them together correctly ? how many cells did you use ?
Energizer rechargables only chage up to about 1.4 volts. They however will last a long time. I measured the pack. It starts out at about 8.4V After about 1 minute it reads about 7.8v, yet the pack does not get hot. I used 6 cells. I did not solder them. They are in a battery back I got from a local electronice store. They are linked Positive to negative as to add the voltage at each battery.

vader is offline   Reply With Quote