Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Newbie here/With a shock question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #1

Cool Newbie here/With a shock question

Whats up everybody, ive been lurking around the forums fer a while, and found this site to be interesting. Im currently working on my build up of my 1:6 nylint its pretty modified (tummy tuck, inboarded shocks, extended wheelbase rear only, cut up tires ETC......its chopped and trimmed)
I have a question, Im getting ready to install my savage shocks and am wondering when i do this will i be able to cut the limiting tabs, or will i still need to install some sort of limiting strap ????
Is this a good mod??
Oh and are there any members here from SOCAL area, if so i wanna know where you wheel, cuz i got a custom made rock garden(boulders and Concrete, hills, tree stumps...)in my backyard that im currently building up but im always looking for a newplace to play.
thanksd Guys
Russ P
russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

After you install the savage shocks you will be able to cut the tabs and will not need to worry about the shocks pulling apart. There is a stopper inside the savage shock that prevents it from pulling apart.
rydinhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:18 AM   #3

cool thanks, they came in the mail today so im a break out the dremel tonite and start cutting away.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

i used limit straps, the axles wanted to roll under the body on steep climbs and reversing. just a heads up.
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Any reason why you wanna cut the tabs? Are you speaking of the tabs on the side of the belly, below the blue arms? If so, there's no benifit in cutting those. Just slice and dice the pivot points for best flex. You can get up to 90 degrees of flex without cutting the side tabs. If you are speaking of the other tabs, forget this post
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived
Any reason why you wanna cut the tabs? Are you speaking of the tabs on the side of the belly, below the blue arms? If so, there's no benifit in cutting those. Just slice and dice the pivot points for best flex. You can get up to 90 degrees of flex without cutting the side tabs. If you are speaking of the other tabs, forget this post
ya i was talkin bout the ones at the rear axle. got my shocks mounted but now im noticing that my scorp flips on its side very easy. i think i might have moved the front shocks in board toooooo far.. i stacked the shocks on top of each other in the center.
I also need to figure out how to shave the front axle, cuz it hangs on everything now that i have the tummy tuck finished.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I would suggest moving the front shocks closer to stock. Without a decent stance on at least one end of the truck, it's just gonna flop around.
289YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 289YJ
I would suggest moving the front shocks closer to stock. Without a decent stance on at least one end of the truck, it's just gonna flop around.
I was thinkin that was the problem, so i put them further apart and its much more stable now.