Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Project Spider Monkey FINISHED!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:00 AM   #21
Moderator Rule Breaker

Default Re: Project Spider Monkey FINISHED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
eric is right you are wrong... and you are sorta right but still wrong it is almost identical minus the fact that it is bolted together and not welded...

ryan
Our Rockraider is welded.... BTW. Eric knows what a real Rockraider looks like since he owns the 'Tot
You still miss tot huh ? btw who does the welding on the chassis's ? There really nice welds. I know how hard it is to weld on alum.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2004, 01:24 PM   #22
RSI
Rock Crawler

and if you actually read the post you quoted i said next time ill make it more clear that is it a copy pay attention and make sure you know what your talking about before you chime in....

ryan
RSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:30 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
and if you actually read the post you quoted i said next time ill make it more clear that is it a copy pay attention and make sure you know what your talking about before you chime in....

ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
your passing up one awesome rig i went crawling with it today and it slaughtered my new rockraider txt.... it is sooooo stable

ryan
My mistake?

I just don't like people doing anything but promoting our vendors. So saying your homebrew chassis is better than a rockraider when you don't have one irks me a tad.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:20 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Hey if it's close, whats the big deal. I'm building an USA-1 and the only thing stock is the gear boxes and even those have been tweaked a little. I'm still gonna call it an USA-1. What else would I call it?
hcfr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:14 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcfr34
Hey if it's close, whats the big deal. I'm building an USA-1 and the only thing stock is the gear boxes and even those have been tweaked a little. I'm still gonna call it an USA-1. What else would I call it?
You missed the point He stated that his Rockraider chassis couldn't contend with his homebrewed piece.... Although he does not own a Rockraider chassis.. He has one that may look kind-of the same. I bet it's nothing like the real thing. I have seen a few copys of our Rockraider and they are nothing like them...... what's worse is that many have tried to pass these weak imatations off as the real deal, when they are not.

There are not too many of the Rockraider chassis out there. To be totaly honest there may be at most 17 of them floating around the USA.... about 2 in Canada. Those that are in the USA, about 4 of them are still here in Oregon.

RSI... how about you post up some measurements of your identical Rockraider copy? I'll tell you if it's the same, or even close.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:58 PM   #26
RSI
Rock Crawler

alright and toyo i appreciate you not getting upset with me and i am in no way trying to down grade the rock raider at all it is a very nice peice of work and i am very impressed with all you have done starting out like me and many others and moving into business of all things i will go meassure it right now and brb.......... 4" wide at top 6" long at top 2.5" long at bottom 3" wide at bottom and 4" tall

hey toyo as soon as the weather clears i hope for you guys to host an event me and now my dad both wanna go down there and see what the oregons boy can do... not that your pics dont show enough

ryan
Old 01-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
i will go meassure it right now and brb.......... 4" wide at top 6" long at top 2.5" long at bottom 3" wide at bottom and 4" tall

Yep.... Not close. Perhaps you shouldn't call it a Rockraider copy since it's not close to the same dimensions as a real Rockraider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
hey toyo as soon as the weather clears i hope for you guys to host an event me and now my dad both wanna go down there and see what the oregons boy can do... not that your pics dont show enough

Weather to clear? Dude... we live in the PNW. You can never plan for nice weather

We crawl 1-3 times a week. Every Sunday we are crawling, rain or shine. Mid-week/after work crawls are the best though.

You have been talking about coming down for a long time now..... I don't think it'll ever happen. You could come down any Sunday and crawl with us. We either start at 8am or 9am.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 02:29 AM   #28
RSI
Rock Crawler

alright ima have to sit down with my dad and find a sunday that free and then get ahold of you and see where we are going...

ryan
Old 01-01-2005, 03:20 AM   #29
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
5" of ground clearence

and a really low COG
Ryan,

How is your COG really low? Your motor is mounted where mine is up high and I think your battery is then the frame rails which is still not the lowest you can go. It is much more center though.

Did you do something different with your battery then you did not show in pics?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #30
RSI
Rock Crawler

nope.. its just the way its setup with suspension and the wheelbase

ryan
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Well this thread is funny.

Have you ever wheeled with any other crawlers?
I personally would love to see you come down to wheel with us. After the last guy from washington came down to wheel with us nobody ever heard from him again, hmm wonder why?

Heres some measurements from a new prototype chassis Im working on.

under diff clearance 4"
center o chassis 4.75"
top of motor 6"
top of batteries 4.75"
15.5" wheelbase
and with 12 oz. bbs still only 10 lbs.

So maybe someday youll actually come down here so we can dispell the whole my stock txt chassis is way better than a fake rockraider chassis that my friend build that is nothing like the real thing. But im going to talk bad about it anyway rumor.

Were ready and willing anyday you could think of, were probably busy out crawling though.

Sean
hackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #32
RSI
Rock Crawler

how do you figure this trucks even close to a stock txt??? lol and thankx for bringing up a topic that me and toyo settled :?

ryan
Old 01-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Nice truck, I am in the middle of converting my Mad Force into a crawler. Lots of good ideas from your truck, I hope mine will be as capable as yours. Again nice work!!!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #34
RSI
Rock Crawler

ty the twin axles are very nice... and u can get a txt chassis from tower hobbies perdy cheap... if u want i can get body off pics for u....

ryan
Old 01-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
ty the twin axles are very nice... and u can get a txt chassis from tower hobbies perdy cheap... if u want i can get body off pics for u....

ryan
How are you finding the stock TXT chassis at Tower? All I see is the lightweight blue one for $125...and I don't consider that cheap.
schlabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #36
RSI
Rock Crawler

sry bout that they did have it but it is now discon. i will look around for a site with one

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...92&FVPROFIL=++

ryan