Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: drove my stick today...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Unhappy drove my stick today...

i finally got some flat batteries and drove the stick and i'm unimpressed. the wheelbase is like 20 inches so i know that's hurtin me and i'm unwilling to open the axles and do the shave. maybe i'll have to put it at 17 and get some Moabs...
b2bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2bomber
i finally got some flat batteries and drove the stick and i'm unimpressed. the wheelbase is like 20 inches so i know that's hurtin me and i'm unwilling to open the axles and do the shave. maybe i'll have to put it at 17 and get some Moabs...
Shaving the rear axle is 100% easier then doing the stick mod. Go ahead and shave the rear axle and move the motor on the top back half of the axle housing. Try keeping the wheelbase and get the Moab XL's. You might like it. If not then shorten the wheelbase.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

maybe i should. if i screw it up then i could just put a front axle on there and have a 4 wheel steer stick.... hmmmm
i'm gonna let the stick sit for a while and put those savage shocks on my stock gen 1.
b2bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Shaving the rear end is easier than doing a tummy tuck.
289YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I've spent a month afraif to shave the rear. But now that I have a stick, I thought I might as well.

Do it, it's worth it.

Also, I have my stick at 17" WB. My next will be the same. It seems about perfect top me.

And add BBs in yer tires, it helps a TON too. Cut yer tires too, if you haven't. So far, I'm thrilled with my NyStick.

-=Nash
OniTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
[HOONIGAN]

With the setup you have right now I would be dissapointed too. Ya gatta go all the way and do it right, it's the only way that it will perform right and amaze you. Shave the rear axle, put about 8 oz of weight in each rear tire (nothing in the front), get that wheel base down to 17" (20" would be horrible, that is killing you), get some moab xl's (best mod you could possibly do), or reverse and cut the stock tires. If you do it all and do it all righ you will love it, but only if you do it ALL. Half-way do it and it's going to suck like you have right now.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote