Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: gmade crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default gmade crawler

Is this a good crawler love the looks would like some recommendations on the electronic s for this kit any any greatly appreciate d
Alamo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I don't think its a bad rig but your aftermarket support is going to be limited.....Ive thought about getting one many times....but the lack of upgrades etc. changed my mind.
jeepster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Fifth dimension

Default Re: gmade crawler

I like the look too! Gotta separate crawlers from comp crawlers. I'd love to do a gmade r1 for bashing around. If you want a serious crawler, there is no " real out of box" rig. Do a rig that makes you happy!
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey, just picked one up and will be reviewing, Unboxing and upgrading on my channel on Youtube. Unboxing should be up in a couple days. Subscribe and you won't miss it! Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/richmtb01

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I've always loved the portal axles on the R1 as well as the durable cage design. However a few of our guys who have them consistently either break portal drive gears, drive gear pins, hex pins, tranny gears, and knuckles/chubs all of them run on just a small 2s and crawl VERY carefully.

Junfac parts are a pain since they are based out of Korea with some dealers here, but probably not anywhere near any LHS in your area. I wouldn't recommend running 3s on that rig. If you truly want a tough and durable "rock racer" with tons of aftermarket support go with a Wraith. Junfac was advertising the KOH/rock racer idea before the Wraith came out but I do find it strange how no one makes upgraded steel gears and more aftermarket parts to beef up the R1.

If you look around a lot of ppl have bought an R1, used either a custom delrin Axial tranny drilled skid to run Robinson steel gears with MIP drive lines. Then they would typically axle swap to the AX10/SCX10 series of axles again for toughness. But again to each his own!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

My brother-in-law has one. Changed out tires and dropped crawling motor and esc in it and this thing crawls like crazy! I was very impressed. CKRC carries gamed parts as well as other sites. There are tons of after market products for it as well. Don't think you will be disappointed!
Tiger 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

My brother-in-law has one. Changed out tires and dropped crawling motor and esc in it and this thing crawls like crazy! I was very impressed. C K RC carries g-made parts as well as other sites. There are tons of after market products for it as well. Don't think you will be disappointed!
Tiger 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

My brother in law has one. He's running an SV3 with my old stock Losi Night Crawler motor and a 7954 servo. In my opinion it wasn't that reliable out of the box but he's done a lot of upgrades and it a pretty good crawler too. I think there's better rigs to start with but if you want something different get it.
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote

gmade crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Gmade R1 crawler meijberg G-Made Crawlers 2 07-06-2012 05:04 PM
new junfac/gmade crawler douwe General Crawlers 3 01-15-2010 11:41 AM
Gmade spider crawler maxxmeat General Crawlers 3 09-02-2009 01:32 PM