Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: what crawler innovation foams to get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default what crawler innovation foams to get?

I got a set of proline tsl sx tires (red compound?) and I have a set of rc4wd steelies on the way and wanted to know what foams to get. im gonna be doing mainly sandstone/ like whats at Vasquez rocks here in southern California so im unsure on the density...my rig will get some weight in each wheel and I usually run a heavy rig anyways about 5-8 pounds. any rock solid suggestions for which ones to get...part #? thanks in advance.
DroopysGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Mine is about the same weight give or take a pound and I also got the XL TSL'S. I just ordered the 4.50 lil nova dual medium fronts and 4.50 lil nova dual firm rears for my rig hope that helps. If not you can always pm CI let them know what your running on your rig and they can point you in the right direction.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Default Re: what crawler innovation foams to get?

Nice! I frequent Vasquez often & our club gets out there once in awhile for GTGs. Hopefully we'll see ya out there.

Anyways...I run a similar setup as Muddy but got a set of Deuces Wild single stage foams for the Pit Bull tires. I haven't actually been able to drive em yet & even tho they're designed for the taller PB's, they feel pretty good in the TSL's.

Your safe bet would be the Lil Novas in 4.50t. I also use a cut down closed cell tuning ring on the outside sidewalls front & rear to help with sidewall wash but honestly...the Lil Novas do a great job of controlling this without em.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: what crawler innovation foams to get?

thanks for the help guys...I was leaning towards the lil novas but wasn't sure what ones. I was also looking at those tuning rings but wasn't sure how they would handle in a scale rig...I know that in a comp rig they help a lot. I used to live in Lancaster and would make the trip down the mountain with a few friends to go crawling and its pretty awesome terrain. there is 2 really cool crawl spots here in simi valley that offer some really nice crawling but I wanted to toss out the Vasquez rocks type surface cause I know there are some local so cal guys on the site that go there too. the 2 spots here in town have the same surface for the most part since so cal has a lot of the same rock surfaces all over. im gonna look into the 4.50 foams for sure. what part of so cal you reside hardnockz?
DroopysGarage is offline   Reply With Quote

what crawler innovation foams to get? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baking Crawler Innovation inner foams wheelstoo Tires and Wheels 2 04-02-2013 05:46 PM
Crawler InNovation Foams Lankford Tires and Wheels 18 01-06-2010 07:44 AM