Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: can someone make this for me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default can someone make this for me.

i want to use 2 gd-600's for a crawler but i dont know how to set them up, so can someone build them fo me? sorry i dont have a picture or ne thing, but basicly i want a motor (would a stock titan work fine for a 2.2 crawler?) hooked to a gd-600. then that drives a shaft to another gd-600 which acts as a geared down transfer case

i would be really happy and would pay someone that could modify the 2 gd-600's to do this

if i draw this in paint, how would i get it on this board? just like any other picture?
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

Default Re: can someone make this for me.

a Titan motor will only run half speed on 1 battery..that motor is intended for 14.4 volts..
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Can you explain to me why you think you need 2 gd600's hooked up together?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm thinking that he wants the gd600 to be like a tranny... I dont no how that would work though.... Just get a stampede tranny if you meant having the gd600 for a tranny.
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

No I think he literally wants a motor driving one GD600, which drives another GD600 which then drives the tranny. Why would you ever want that much reduction/effort in a 2.2 crawler?

Get a lathe motor and if thats not enough get a GD600.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
No I think he literally wants a motor driving one GD600, which drives another GD600 which then drives the tranny. Why would you ever want that much reduction/effort in a 2.2 crawler?

I concur!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

will lathe motors fit in a vmg? can some one give me a link and picture size next to a vmg motor and where the screw are? thanks
sean_lv_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys

tis is close, accept for they ARE the tranny, look at 'Graz' by rbgibberish, he has 2 gd600 hooked together for the tranny, then hooked by a shaft to the transfer case

i want the motor to drive one gd600, then it drives the next gd600 with a shaft, then the second one drives the axles

maybe this will make sense
ok, the motor turns a gear on the end of its shaft
that gear turns the big gear in the gd 600
the big gear in the gd600 turns a maxx shaft
the maxx shaft turns a small gear in the second gd600
the small gear in the second gd600 drives a big gear in the 2ng gd 600
that gear turns a maxx shaft to the front and one to the back axles

does that make any sense at all???! that is as simple as i can make it without a drawing
Old 01-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The 'GD tranny' would still only have one output shaft. Unless you want your TLT to be 2wd, you would need a transfer case.

The Graz has a transfer case, thats how it works. He just used 2 GD's for more reduction, not as a full blown tranny.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCrawler
The 'GD tranny' would still only have one output shaft. Unless you want your TLT to be 2wd, you would need a transfer case.

The Graz has a transfer case, thats how it works. He just used 2 GD's for more reduction, not as a full blown tranny.
yes, i kno a gd600 only has one output shaft, thats why i wanted someone to make it for me so the second one has 2 output shafts. arent there a couple of machenists around here that could do this for me?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Spooky, I'm a machinist and yes it can be made. But in my opinion, the cost of design and materials would far outweight any benefits that you would gain from this type of setup.

Again, just my opinion.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:54 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven
tis is close, accept for they ARE the tranny, look at 'Graz' by rbgibberish, he has 2 gd600 hooked together for the tranny, then hooked by a shaft to the transfer case

BUT.. since you never had the chance to see that rig in action, you would have seen that the idea was good, the function failed. The two GD's hooked together just didn't work due to the ability of the GD's to flex and move. Ryan also had issues with his German made/imported transfer case.... That rig is no longer...

I think the idea behind two GD's hooked together is a bad one... not only will it be a BIG combo(length, aka size wise) but you'll have to blend the two units together as one to stop any flex or seperation of the two gearboxes. This means you'll need to fab up a solid housing....... by the time you finish the fab work, spending the money and all the time to build a solid unit you could have purchased a couple of Maxx trannies, few 'Pede trannies and money on beer to feed the after work backyard crawling time.

Go get a tranny that doesn't need much thought.... Just my .02 worth.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:04 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven

BUT.. since you never had the chance to see that rig in action, you would have seen that the idea was good, the function failed. The two GD's hooked together just didn't work due to the ability of the GD's to flex and move. Ryan also had issues with his German made/imported transfer case.... That rig is no longer...

I think the idea behind two GD's hooked together is a bad one... not only will it be a BIG combo(length, aka size wise) but you'll have to blend the two units together as one to stop any flex or seperation of the two gearboxes. This means you'll need to fab up a solid housing....... by the time you finish the fab work, spending the money and all the time to build a solid unit you could have purchased a couple of Maxx trannies, few 'Pede trannies and money on beer to feed the after work backyard crawling time.

Go get a tranny that doesn't need much thought.... Just my .02 worth.

this makes a lot of sense why not to do it, but would it still have the same problems with them not hooked together and not having a german imported transfer case like he had?

the reason i wanted to do this is so i could have the motor in the back and the transfer case in the middle, instead of having the whole tranny/transfer case,and motor in the middle. does anyone have any other (cheap) ideas of how to do this? i could probably build my own transfercase, but i dont know what i would use for a tranny.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:46 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I've had the same idea as far as seperating the motor from the trans. I'm going to build my own trans/transfer case. Although if I can make the trans small enough I might just keep the motor attached to it. Check out www.sdp-si.com for all kinds of drive components for a custom tcase.

Couldnt you use a Pede tranny with the GD600 bolted to it, put the motor where you want it, and run a slider from the motor to the GD600?

Eric
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Or skip all this thought process and spend some money.....

3 speeds and real transfer case.... Hua can hook you up!

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote