Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Trying to contact Losikid/OverkillRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #1

Default Trying to contact Losikid/OverkillRC

I swear I have had the worst luck the last month buying stuff.

Losikid, I have sent you emails, tried contacting you through your website and posted on here on one of your radio threads. I placed an order 3 weeks ago. Your site says 1-2 weeks for shipment. I see on your profile you have logged on here a couple times since I have made post's trying to contact you...

Can you either get me an update or refund my money? I have a camping trip coming up, I plan to take both my Slash and crawler, with your radio, I have no radios right now. If this is an issue please let me know so I can pursue different avenues.

Thanks.
live24wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Trying to contact Losikid/OverkillRC

My last order took about 4 weeks but, I ordered WAY b4 I needed it.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
If mine took 4 weeks (not 4 more...) I would be perfectly happy, I would just like to know. lol

I see he logged on a couple more times yesterday, and no response...
Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Good luck, I tried to contact him 4 MONTHS ago about buying a radio, I still haven't heard from him so I bought a dx4s
idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I had been reading about slow response on a hacked radio so i ordered just the hack kit from him, which shipped almost immediately and a radio from hobbypartz and did it myself
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
I had been reading about slow response on a hacked radio so i ordered just the hack kit from him, which shipped almost immediately and a radio from hobbypartz and did it myself
hey, how did it turn out?.
iDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #7
RCC Addict

It works perfectly

Programing the buttons (using the TX's firmware) takes more than doing the actual mod and flashing new firmware to it

But i've got mine currently running the channel 3 switch to a pair of lights using HeyOK controller, so each press of the switch turns on a pair of lights, and the channel 3 trim button works the winch. I'll be adding more lights as well and using different buttons to control them
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #8

OK, ordering one of the ones off Ebay. I posted on Losikid's profile to cancel my order. He's gonna turn a disabled vet into a pissed off disabled vet. Unlike the .gov, I like to know where my money is going.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #9
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by live24wheel View Post

Losikid, I have sent you emails, tried contacting you through your website and posted on here on one of your radio threads.
Have you tried PMing him directly here? If he's been logging in then he will see the alert. I don't always read my own threads either, but a PM gets my attention.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #10

I emailed him, per his website instructions. I messaged him through his website, not per his instructions. I PM'd him on here, no response. I started this thread, no response. I post THREE visitor messages on his profile on here, one including a link to this thread, no response. I ordered one of the radios linked above and started a Paypal claim.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
Got Worms?

A little birdy told me about this thread...

Quote:
refund my money?
A refund was sent and you can no longer order on my website

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
Yea, unfortunately radios have been on a 3-4 week wait the past quite awhile. But, I plan on having them back on track here soon.

Just so everyone knows, i am sorry about delays on the hacked radios. I go to a rigorous engineering school (colorado school of mines). My easy weeks consist of 40ish hours of school related activities (class, homework, labs, etc). A busy week (add in a test or a project), i'm up to 60ish hours. Then towards the end of the semester when we're bombared with tests, i'm around 80 hour weeks.

But, this semester i'm taking one less class than usual so i should have some more time.

I don't like to rush through radios, i inspect some parts on the radio, calibrate, it, do a key test, etc....So if i'm short on time i usually push the order off till next time i have a chance to sit down a modify radios.

Quote:
If mine took 4 weeks (not 4 more...) I would be perfectly happy, I would just like to know. lol

I see he logged on a couple more times yesterday, and no response...
It was actually going to be built tonight and i was going to drop it off at the PO monday morning. Good job at tanking your order

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
Good luck, I tried to contact him 4 MONTHS ago about buying a radio, I still haven't heard from him so I bought a dx4s
I must have missed your message somehow, or you didn't get my reply. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
Indeed, hack kits are usually the fastest way to go. I try to get those out 1-2 times a week unless i'm short on parts.

Quote:
OK, ordering one of the ones off Ebay. I posted on Losikid's profile to cancel my order. He's gonna turn a disabled vet into a pissed off disabled vet. Unlike the .gov, I like to know where my money is going.
And you turned me into a pissed off college kid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Have you tried PMing him directly here? If he's been logging in then he will see the alert. I don't always read my own threads either, but a PM gets my attention.
Precisely, I browse the electronics section, chit chat, and occasionally the lcc section when i have a free moment. I don't get notifications for the visitor messages he's left and i turned off my pm's so i don't ever look at my account page where those show up.

I would think, if one is smart enough to see i've been logging in, then they could make afew more clicks and see where i've been posting. A post in one of my active threads would be alot more noticable than visitor messages and a thread i haven't looked at for a very long time

Quote:
I emailed him, per his website instructions. I messaged him through his website, not per his instructions. I PM'd him on here, no response. I started this thread, no response. I post THREE visitor messages on his profile on here, one including a link to this thread, no response. I ordered one of the radios linked above and started a Paypal claim.
I don't have ANY emails from you and i have one message from my website, asking for an extra rx. I planned on giving you a free rx, because well i hand out free rx's quite abit when radios go past the 2 week mark. So i'm sorry i didn't reply to that.

PICTURES attached.

EDIT: No pictures are attached because sally has his panties all bunched up because his name and email was displayed...or maybe its cause it proves that i have no emails from him

My name is Austin Hutchison , my email is losikid@overkillrc.com

Last edited by losikid; 01-31-2014 at 05:57 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #12

First, I don't give a shit about anything you posted other than refunding my money and what I will write below. There are PLENTY of other good business's on here, to do business with.

Pissed off? GOOD.

I have a business that I work 7 days a week, AND go to college and pull straight A's. I sure as shit know not to ignore customers for 3 weeks after taking their money.

Lets put it this way, I just verified I sent you an email. You black out my name (at least last name) and any other personal information on your screen shots or you are going to find out what kind of business I have. Simple Request.

Fyi, I didn't "tank" an order. You "tanked" a customer. Maybe you should update your site to say it will take twice as long as you say and you will ignore any and all communications with customers.

Lastly, a free RX? Sure... I made a request for how to PAY for an additional RX. Im a god fearing fawking republican, I can work and PAY for my shit.

You want some advice, Austin? Take a communication class. If you had responded, or sent an update, since you didn't go by what you put on your site, I would have been perfectly fine with that, as I stated previously.

So, in short, someone wants to give you money, and you ban them from your site. Excellent business practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
A little birdy told me about this thread...

A refund was sent and you can no longer order on my website

Yea, unfortunately radios have been on a 3-4 week wait the past quite awhile. But, I plan on having them back on track here soon.

Just so everyone knows, i am sorry about delays on the hacked radios. I go to a rigorous engineering school (colorado school of mines). My easy weeks consist of 40ish hours of school related activities (class, homework, labs, etc). A busy week (add in a test or a project), i'm up to 60ish hours. Then towards the end of the semester when we're bombared with tests, i'm around 80 hour weeks.

But, this semester i'm taking one less class than usual so i should have some more time.

I don't like to rush through radios, i inspect some parts on the radio, calibrate, it, do a key test, etc....So if i'm short on time i usually push the order off till next time i have a chance to sit down a modify radios.

It was actually going to be built tonight and i was going to drop it off at the PO monday morning. Good job at tanking your order

I must have missed your message somehow, or you didn't get my reply. Sorry about that.

Indeed, hack kits are usually the fastest way to go. I try to get those out 1-2 times a week unless i'm short on parts.

And you turned me into a pissed off college kid...

Precisely, I browse the electronics section, chit chat, and occasionally the lcc section when i have a free moment. I don't get notifications for the visitor messages he's left and i turned off my pm's so i don't ever look at my account page where those show up.

I would think, if one is smart enough to see i've been logging in, then they could make afew more clicks and see where i've been posting. A post in one of my active threads would be alot more noticable than visitor messages and a thread i haven't looked at for a very long time

I don't have ANY emails from you and i have one message from my website, asking for an extra rx. I planned on giving you a free rx, because well i hand out free rx's quite abit when radios go past the 2 week mark. So i'm sorry i didn't reply to that.

PICTURES attached.

Last edited by live24wheel; 01-31-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Ooo Ive stumbled into a good one. This one has a god fearin republican in it vs a School of Mines student. (Mines told me my math skillz were not Mines material)
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
www.ottsix.com

Everyone just take a deep breath and step away
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
Ooo Ive stumbled into a good one. This one has a god fearin republican in it vs a School of Mines student. (Mines told me my math skillz were not Mines material)
Popcorn...
Old 01-31-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
Got Worms?

Quote:
First, I don't give a shit about anything you posted other than refunding my money and what I will write below. There are PLENTY of other good business's on here, to do business with.
I don't really give a shit about anything you've said either, just to be clear.

Quote:
Pissed off? GOOD.
No not really, i just felt like saying it.

Quote:
I have a business that I work 7 days a week, AND go to college and pull straight A's. I sure as shit know not to ignore customers for 3 weeks after taking their money.
Oh boy, I'd love it if i could go to a normal college. That stuff is a cake walk.

Quote:
Lets put it this way, I just verified I sent you an email. You black out my name (at least last name) and any other personal information on your screen shots or you are going to find out what kind of business I have. Simple Request.
Prove that you sent an email to losikid@overkillrc.com or auhutchi@overkillrc.com . Because i never got one. I respond to emails afew times a week. If someone asks me about their order, I reply.

Quote:
Fyi, I didn't "tank" an order. You "tanked" a customer. Maybe you should update your site to say it will take twice as long as you say and you will ignore any and all communications with customers.
I didn't tank a customer, i got rid of one. Anyone who pulls the paypal dispute trigger is not a customer i want to deal with.

I didn't ignore you here on RCC, I simply didn't see any of your [poor] attempts at communication. I don't have any record of you emailing my business email (or even my school email...the only two emails i check and reply to messages). And the only contact you made through my website was asking for an additional 3ch rx. I didn't ignore that message, i fully intended on replying to it when i finished your order and had a extra rx to toss in. If i replied when you sent it, i would of forgot i told you i'd include the free rx and it be a shit storm if i didn't. ALL messages that go through my website WILL get a response, because i can't read it then it goes away like my email. It won't be out of the "New" list till i respond or mark it as completed (which i rarely mark a message completed). So word of advice, use the contact us page...its your best bet for pretty much ANY online business.

Quote:
Lastly, a free RX? Sure... I made a request for how to PAY for an additional RX. Im a god fearing fawking republican, I can work and PAY for my shit.
Well, i wanted to give you free shit.

Quote:
You want some advice, Austin? Take a communication class. If you had responded, or sent an update, since you didn't go by what you put on your site, I would have been perfectly fine with that, as I stated previously.
Nope, i don't want any advice.

Quote:
So, in short, someone wants to give you money, and you ban them from your site. Excellent business practice!
Damn straight.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #17
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
They told me i wasn't good enough either and had to retake the act if i wanted in. I was in the 90th percentile the first go round, i bumped my score up afew points and was in the 95th percentile before they let me in. (90th percentile means that i did better on the act exam the 90% of the people who took it).
Old 01-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
Got Worms?

So, with the lack of pictures.

At 10:45 he posted a Paypal dispute
At 10:56 it was escalated to a claim
At 12:19 he got his refund

Keep in mind, the only direct contact i've had from him was on january 21st; he sent me a message through my website asking if he could add another 3ch rx to his order. I will admit, i didn't respond to that message. That is because i intended on just giving him a free rx, but didn't want to say i would till i knew i could. Otherwise, there was NO DIRECT contact made asking if his order has shipped or why its been delayed. By direct contact, i mean used the contact us page on my website or emailed my business email (losikid@overkillrc.com or auhutchi@overkillrc.com). He did post here on RCC in multiple places, some really old thread that i haven't looked at in ages and visitor messages on my profile page. How many people actually check their profile page to see if there's visitor messages? Also, if I wanted customers to message me on RCC, my username would be OVERKILLRC , not "losikid" . I have a vendor star so i can speak for my company, overkillrc...otherwise i consider it a personal account (I'm trying to keep school, overkillrc, and free time separated so i don't go insane trying to maintain the chaos).

Also, i am not denying the fact that gt3b's have been slow to go out. I've been working on it. Also, although its not been really brought up, but i am slow to respond to emails as well. But if i don't respond within a week that means i didn't get it, or i read it and forgot to mark it as unread. So if someone doesn't get a response in a week, try emailing me again or use the contact us page on my website (which is the most reliable method of contact)
Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #19

Oh well. Ordered another one, and immediately got conformation. Oh, and a set of very detailed instructions emailed to me to read through while I wait for it to get here. Pretty solid guy!

Good luck in your business ventures.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #20
Got Worms?

Quote:
Oh well. Ordered another one, and immediately got conformation. Oh, and a set of very detailed instructions emailed to me to read through while I wait for it to get here. Pretty solid guy!

Good luck in your business ventures.
Not from me...

Good luck to you

Last edited by THX_138; 02-01-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Personal info

Trying to contact Losikid/OverkillRC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OverkillRC email may be down losikid Chit Chat 0 12-20-2013 02:06 PM
~~~OverkillRC Flysky GT3B WINNER!!!!!~~~ losikid Electronics 3 09-23-2011 07:50 PM
Notice: OverkillRC Customers losikid Chit Chat 4 08-24-2011 05:02 PM