Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Question about Savage shocks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #1

Default Question about Savage shocks...

I have been reading up alot about the savage shock conversion, I found this kit on Ebay that would allow me to build 8 Savage shocks, here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAGE-X-4-6...QQcmdZViewItem
It is for the HPI SAVAGE X 4.6 21 25 SS SHOCK SET COMPLETE SPRINGS.
My question is, will these shocks work with the Nylint, as far as size/spring rate? ANd also, how hard would these things be to build?
I am quite the noob when it comes to RC's, I usually spend most of my time modding my 03' Rubicon, but I am not afraid of some tedious work.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
03RubiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #2

i bought that exact item on ebay, it was fun putting them together, they worked awesome, and fit in the stock places, just the bottom grey peice needs to be cut in half and like a 1/8" piece cut off the middle, to make room for the width of the bottom shock, i didnt put in the hiem joints and used the stock hardware, also leave out the 1" black spacer it comes with

james
James4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #3

Nice, thanks for the reply. I am bidding on 8 assembled ones now, I am winning the auction as of now and the cost is about the same, but from the look of the other auctions It won't stay like that for long.
03RubiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #4

If you don't get the assembled ones, go for the un-assembled shocks, I bought a set too. They're easy to put together and work great. Mine didn't come with any instructions, but I went to the Savage site and looked up the assembly manual for one of their trucks, page 42 or 43 had the shock assembly. If you need it I could probably find it for you. And I'll second the thing about the spacers, no need for them at all.
hotwired is offline   Reply With Quote