Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: little 2.2 beast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default little 2.2 beast

In the past I tried to do a streched clod crawler on a very small budget ( on just spare parts )and when I came to realize that it wasent going to work it was too late for the clod to go back to its original form.

A few months ago I purchased a PTI goliath because I loved the scale looking axles and I figured that it would be a good platform so I tried it again, well guess what happened?....yep the same thing

About a week ago I was in MY TOY ROOM looking at all of the spare parts and I started to think to my self WHAT IF???

Ill bet your saying the same thing that my wife said "here we go again"
But for some strange reason it felt differant so I started to ruffly put parts together WITHOUT damaging or modify the part in the proccess.As things started to work better and better I actualy thought to my self "hey this might work".

This time I made a huge list and headed for the hobby store.When I gave the salesman the list and told him what I was planning his mouth LITERLY DROPPED and the more parts that were put on the shelf in front of me the more weirder looks I got from the other hobbiest that were in as well.I started to get asked alot of questions from other salesman and people that were shopping so I told them.Some of the items on the list were.....

Duratrax evader st rear shocks X4
Traxxas revo drives
Traxxas spur gear
Traxxas body
Great Planes GD-600 drive
Parma body posts
miss, screws and hardware
and new set of drill bits.

After about two hours at the hobby store I came home with a HUGE bag of goodies and I was just itching to start.

I called it THE LITTLE BEAST
an origanal plastic clod chassis
PTI axles
PTI trans. with GD 600 gear drive
laith 55t motor
85t spur
revo drives for front & rear
duratrax shocks on custom shock towers
the rims and tires are last because they not only have to work good but it has to look good too after all whats the point of having a truck that looks good but sucks at crawling and vise versa.So for now im staying with the stock PTI gear.
The choise in bodies is still up in the air, its a toss up between the new revo body or the old hard plastic clod body.
I cant add atachments on this post so I cant post any pics but if your interested in seeing it then go to www.one18th.com and click on the PTI mt forum its called round two
tell me what you think.
renny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Web Wheeling

Trying putting your pictures up on photobucket, I don't want to go searching or clicking links to another site for pictures
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote