Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: No weight for winter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default No weight for winter

I been working on soldering a metal truggy together but there are to many points that come together too close to do it without a wire welder to do so, BTW working with a Pangolin crawler which is basically a SX10 knockoff (and a good crawler don't get me wrong) but way under weight for wet conditions, I been havin no fun this winter with it because of, so I wanted to have a cage and build it for scale comp if it should ever arise and get some weight on it for traction so I broke down and bought a Wraith scorpion cage ($50 score brand new) and skid plate/motor mount to get some weight to the ground, so far so good and the mach up looks awesome. I will have to make some spacers and what not to make it all line up but it looks good and the science still is in good order for flex/friction and all. Will get pics up if I ever quit being a caveman
RockBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: No weight for winter

Well I got all my parts and bits and pieces of my Pangolin crawler swapped over to my Wraith cage with very little modding and it works awesome, crawls great, excellent flex, lower CG and more weight and it looks great even without the panels put on yet. I got a tire in a bind pocket though about ten minutes into the first run though and snapped a yoke...DoH! now onto more metal upgrades$$$
RockBiter is offline   Reply With Quote

No weight for winter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wheel weight vs knuckle or axle weight vs creative weight distribution tech712 Axial SCX-10 16 11-04-2014 01:04 PM
Wheel weight / axle weight advice JeffK11 RC4WD Bully 6 03-15-2012 03:30 PM
Wheel weight Vs Axle weight. Simon.O. General Crawlers 33 02-15-2010 07:01 PM
Wheel weight vs. chassis weight ratio OR spung/unsprung bias solomon7 Tires and Wheels 15 08-02-2008 06:26 PM