Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Titan question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #1
Colt Python/SR9c

Default Titan question

well i have a Titan motor sitting here in front of me( Thanks Dave ) and was wondering something..since i can't use it right now until my EVX gets fixed and i need a bigger motor in my Maxxpede project i thought about just putting this Titan in it until my EVX is fixed. but the question is-

when running a Titan motor on a regular ESC( 1 motor/1 battery) and unlike the EVX, will the Titan only run at half speed?

or does it need the 14.4 volts, like the EVX provides, to run it at full capacity?

I was just wondering because like on my Widow Project, it ran shitty with only 1 motor and battery using the EVX. but as soon as i plugged in the 2nd battery to it,BAM! it came alive... so that's the reason i ask before i do it and i asked Traxxas the same question moreless and they said it would only run half speed due to only 1 battery...so just want to make sure

TIA

BTW-Emailed Janders on his 22T motors( since i was gonna purchase some possibly) but he doesn't return PM..so if ya read this Janders,answer your PM
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

Default Re: Titan question

hmmmm, guess noone knows :?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

it doesn't run qutie at half speed, but it does run slower. I run single titan and single battery, it isn't too bad.
MaxxZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:24 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Glad it got there! That was one of my un used ones.. I had a ton of them running around but I hate them!!! I could NOT keep them working.

Contacts kept getting melted/knocked off, the plastic fan on the inside melting, and the worst; the contacts inside breaking off!

The motor will run at half capacity, its only getting half its intended voltage, but half of a titan is the same torque or more as a normal 540, just not as much RPM.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:04 PM   #5
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
Glad it got there! That was one of my un used ones.. I had a ton of them running around but I hate them!!! I could NOT keep them working.

Contacts kept getting melted/knocked off, the plastic fan on the inside melting, and the worst; the contacts inside breaking off!

The motor will run at half capacity, its only getting half its intended voltage, but half of a titan is the same torque or more as a normal 540, just not as much RPM.
you could have sent another if ya hate them so much, that would save me from buying another one when my EVX gets fixed

well if a normal 540 motor runs the same as a Titan half speed..ughhhh..i guess im just used to have twin Titans

does anyone know of a good motor that runs like a Titan on full speed but can only run on 1 battery? i am running a 96 spur gear and a 12 tooth pinion right now on the Pede trans. i still have the stock 20t stinger motor and it just flat out sucks. i need something with some more balls to it. i am doing nothing but stalling the motor anytime it gets in a little bind, even with the lower gearing

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated
Old 05-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #6

Well, its pretty hard to match the speed and torque of a Titan on 7.2V. However, try some magnetic Mayhems or a Multiplex 600. THey both have tons of torque and better than stock motor speed. Both these motors really respong to an increase in cell. FOr the magnetic Mayhem i wouldn't go past 8 cells. The multiplex will handle up to 12 cells.
offroadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:35 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotafourwheeln
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave

you could have sent another if ya hate them so much, that would save me from buying another one when my EVX gets fixed

well if a normal 540 motor runs the same as a Titan half speed..ughhhh..i guess im just used to have twin Titans

does anyone know of a good motor that runs like a Titan on full speed but can only run on 1 battery? i am running a 96 spur gear and a 12 tooth pinion right now on the Pede trans. i still have the stock 20t stinger motor and it just flat out sucks. i need something with some more balls to it. i am doing nothing but stalling the motor anytime it gets in a little bind, even with the lower gearing

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated
They're all wasted! Or else I woulda :P My advice; run it and see how it does! If its not enough, get another motor or try something else. Even lame stock 540 motors liven up with 14.4V!!
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:05 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotafourwheeln
i am running a 96 spur gear and a 12 tooth pinion right now on the Pede trans.
96, is that a typo, you have to inlighten me on where I could get one of these 96 tooth spur gears.
Correction, we arent talking about and Emaxx tranny spur gear are we??
BARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:08 AM   #9
Colt Python/SR9c

well i tried it anyway and it's time for just a different motor..i'll probably try a MM and see how it does.. the 96 spur gear is for the Stampede tranny that i'm using. the project used to be my son's Stampede and my old Emaxx chassis and axles,etc. since my Widow was done, and my son wanted a 4wd rc, i got a hairbrain idea and stated to get busy

thanks for the help guys