Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Superlift steering stabilizer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Superlift steering stabilizer

Does anyone know how to adjust the rc4wd steering stabilizer? Is it possible to have a defective model? Any tips or hints will be appreciated
wsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Superlift steering stabilizer

is this the one you have? looks like you just twist the rod out like a screw

Superlift Adjustable Steering Stabilizer (65mm-90mm)
Soldat Vaillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Not exactly sure what kind of problem you could be having with it. It should thread in and out to adjust the length. Also the end should screw off allowing you to put a jam nut on it to lock the shaft so it wont waller out the threads (redneck term).
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well I have the longer one but I'm sure it's all the same. Maybe mines defective? Cuz it won't let me twist the rod. The end screws off no issue but the shaft seems jammed. Even if I use pliers and twist it, it seems to be jammed in place. Should I contact rc4wd for a possible replacement? Or am I doing something wrong? Don't wanna throw my incompetence on them and wanna explore every possible avenue to fix the issue before throwing it their way
(Btw to the ppl who replied, your answers and help is much appreciated)
Old 01-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm kind of lost. The threads on mine were a little on the sloppy side and threaded in and out really easy. Heat it with a torch then beat the hell outta it with a hammer! Might not fix it, but you'll feel better afterwards
Old 01-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
I'm kind of lost. The threads on mine were a little on the sloppy side and threaded in and out really easy. Heat it with a torch then beat the hell outta it with a hammer! Might not fix it, but you'll feel better afterwards
Hahaha well I am tryna make it shorter and I do see a few threads left over but I can't make it longer or shorter. Where should I hear it up? And where should I hammer it? Hammer the shaft/rod into the shock body so the stabilizer will be the length I need? (Sorry for the multiple questions, super newb here)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Don't beat on it! I really don't know what to tell you to do with it. Maybe somehow you did get a defective one. I don't know how something so simple could be defective, but there does seem to be an awful lot of less than perfect parts on the market now days.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
Don't beat on it! I really don't know what to tell you to do with it. Maybe somehow you did get a defective one. I don't know how something so simple could be defective, but there does seem to be an awful lot of less than perfect parts on the market now days.
I sent them a email, the support team over at rc4wd has been pretty easy to work with from past experience. I explained my situation to them, as big of a newb that I am. Twisting a shaft to extend or shorten the mounting point is something I think I can accomplish and it most likely has to be a issue with the hardware. Hopefully I am not that incompetent lolll but who knows. Last week I had a stripped screw that I couldn't remove for the life of me. Then Home Depot couldn't remove it with multiple vise grips. I then went over to member "havik"s garage for help and explained how Home Depot and the vise grips didn't work. Luckily before firing up the welder or starting up any other intricate procedure to help me. He gave he's vise grips a shot and viola! Removed my stripped screw with less then 3 full spins and under a minute. So I won't say I don't have my moments of sheer stupidity slash noob-ness. But I highly doubt this is one of them (fingers crossed) and hopefully my luck with rc4wd's wonderful customer service department continues and we get to resolve this issue without anyone getting mad or feeling ripped.

Superlift steering stabilizer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Superlift steering stabilizer big_poppa49 Axial SCX-10 7 04-10-2016 08:14 AM
rc4wd superlift steering stabilizer for panhard? Brehrocks Axial SCX-10 2 09-16-2014 06:12 PM