Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: building a four link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Red face building a four link

this my sound like a totally stupid question....but how do you build a four link....i need details...or at least pictures of where everything bolts up to. i think im going to be using the stock chassis to do this...so please keep that in mind?..thanks Jim....a.k.a....bumba**

Last edited by JIMMYBOB; 01-09-2007 at 04:17 PM.
JIMMYBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

first your gonna need a good 3 feet or so of threaded rod, most use 4/32 rod. also some rod ends. I'm not sure what most around here use but I'm gonna use some traxxas savage balls on mine. and as for some fourlink ideas, Robo-3, Texx, or someone would be happy to post a pic for ya.
1/18th_Nylint_Auzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks auzzy im going to the lhs tomorrow so i can get most of what i need there...i have the ball ends...just need some ideas on how to mount the top and bottoms
Old 01-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

heres one pic i found of mine when i built a new frame for it, but if you take your shocks off the back, and turn you axle down the you can come off the shock mounts with you uper and lower control arms and it will be solid as hell, the front i 3 linked with the stock frame, but you can tie the control arms of the four link where the stock one were

heres a side shot of it with the stock frame, can see were i mounted the lower control arms, these will be parallel

Last edited by wirywrangler; 01-09-2007 at 06:23 PM.
wirywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #5

heres one set up i made out of aluminum. the other i used the stock attachment point to make a 3 link !
Attached Images

robo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Unhappy

hey thanks wiry.....i got alot of ideas now.....gonna try something soon as i get done being a nurse maid....wife fell and is banged up pretty bad
Old 01-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMYBOB
hey thanks wiry.....i got alot of ideas now.....gonna try something soon as i get done being a nurse maid....wife fell and is banged up pretty bad
no problem, sorry to hear about the wifey
Old 01-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am quite happy to have to look at this thread, that has to give the idea to me to build one 4 link. As I already said you, I have been in the field of the r/c that for one year. I am only one initial.

I never made of 4 link, I believe that it is time. I will take all the notes which I can on this forum, and I will ask of the assistance the need.

Like ((JIMMYBOB)) I will start by buying what it is necessary and also trying to find on EBAY a NYLINT SCORPION not too expensive.

Here in QUEBEC, transport and the customs increase the price of the NYLINT considerably ..... ((BLACK-CAB)) function very well and I am very proud. This new project holds me with heart.

For the 4 link, the best way of making is it on stock-frame or a new-frame. ? THANK YOU

PS..
SORRY 1/18th_Nylint_Auzzy, I will not be able to provide pics to JIMMYBOB. I rather will follow his modifications with attention. [/IMG]..THANK .. WIRYWRANGLER and ROBO 3 for the pics

Last edited by texx; 01-09-2007 at 08:41 PM.
texx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

hey texx, its up to you on the frame, as you can see my first pic, its not that difficult to build a new frame, but it is easier and cheaper to build off the stock one, thats what i did on my second one, just like 1:1, you build parts to replace the stock stuff
Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

YES,wirywrangler I believe that I will make this 4 link on a new-frame. I will prepare a plan.

For this 4 link (JEEP or SCORPION)?

. I would like the SCORPION.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

i prefere the jeep
Old 01-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #12

Guys thanks for posting all this up. I Flipped the rear axle on mine and extended the axle back some. The setup gave me a lot more articulation and all but It isn't to sturdy. So I was gonna conjure up a four or three link set up. I was looking at the rod ends to buy and I have some questions. I don't wanna hi jack this thread so I figured this would add in the options for the four link set up.

So for the rod ends...... I have about 3 feet of 6/32 threaded rod. Now are all rod ends the same size? Are the rod ends threaded on the inside? If so will the 6/32 threaded rod fit into the rod ends. If not what size rod ends will i need? Also do you need the ball mounts to mount the rod ends to the axle body or will a screw just be fine.

I am using the stock nylint tub still. Thanks guys!

I can't wait to see what you come up with Texx on your next build cause black cab was just AWESOME!!!!
kolesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

THANK. KOSELY for your good comment… My crawler ((BLACK-CAB)) was a first experiment with products NYLINT, and I do not regret it.
I had small experience in the field of the model maker.

But this 4 links of surely will require more research me. I will start by making research on the subjects and getting to me the necessary parts for this project. I will look at all your pics and will make me an idea. THANK.. [/IMG]