Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: MIP bypass valves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default MIP bypass valves

Has anybody tried these with powerstroke shocks? Was wondering how they would perform on a U4 rig.
highhpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MIP bypass valves

I have them in two sets of big bores on two U4 rigs, it's the only way I have found to get them tuned well for high speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
Chassis & Tubework Vendor

I have them in traxxas aluminum big bores also and yes they do make a noticeable difference.
MG200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #5

One of my favorite upgrades to my c2. I might build another set for my c3.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
ispyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #6

Your best bet is to measure the pistons , shafts and bodies to make sure they fit. That's pretty much all that matters. If the dimensions are the same, the pistons won't know the difference .

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
ispyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I run on my SC trucks and if you take your time and effort and patients it well take you a good week over a period of time changing disc or oil or both but make one change at a time so you don't get miss up and right down what you did really help me and springs and real put your mind into it THEY ARE KILLER when I was running I had a set of shocks for the 2 tracks that I run with notes and don't give your info to others or they well be beating you lol your shock setup is top secret!!
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Sounds like I would need to get fired up for alot of tuning until I get it right.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhpcummins View Post
Sounds like I would need to get fired up for alot of tuning until I get it right.
Lets just say the more finer you take your time and get into them and numder one thing is don't get frustraed the finer they are,,don't get me wrong you will notice a big diffrence right of the bat but trust me they can and will get unbelievable better but one big big thing as said before change one thing at a time and take notes of every little thing you do is a must so you dont get lost but hope I'm not scareing you away from them because they are truly unreal I truely beleive this is only up grade you need to be competive out of box There that sweet if you put your mind in them for a bit even ,,I have got mine were over ruff stuff or around track in genral chassis don't move much now the suspension on other hand is working like crazy thats another thing to I video my boys as they run on track so i could see what was working to hope this helps,,, getting cramp in fingers from typing lol.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #10
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I love my bypass pistons.

You should be able to tune the compression and extension separate from each other. Anything else is unacceptable.

I think my favorite thing about them is that most will never want to deal with the tuning to get it right. That means its a big advantage for me because I am willing to put in the time and at that point, it makes a huge difference.

I did a bit of a write up in my build thread.

Dlux Berg Build
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I love my bypass pistons.

You should be able to tune the compression and extension separate from each other. Anything else is unacceptable.

I think my favorite thing about them is that most will never want to deal with the tuning to get it right. That means its a big advantage for me because I am willing to put in the time and at that point, it makes a huge difference.

I did a bit of a write up in my build thread.

Dlux Berg Build
Looks like you know what doing please don't think I'm a no it all cuz I'm far from it but looked like you might try to lighten your spring rate a bit to get rid of some that bounce might have worked and it might not of,, just brain farten.. I also love them MIP real shock valves but you do got to do the time and keep notes and I keep mine top secret lol people think that's funny when they ask me but there an't no way I'm give up all my time so they don't again hope you don't get offended it was just a suggestion..
Old 07-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #12
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Its cool. Thanks for the insight.

I run clapped out mini T pink springs. I dont know of any springs that are significantly softer.

I have softened up the pink springs by hand grinding them a bit. It brought other negative characteristics though.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #13

it's a big difference using bypass pistons, planning to make another set.

finewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Don't know if any of you fellers know about the RPM shock valves ?? there not as high tech but still a advantage semi different set up,, you tune with hole sizes but still have a split bypass valve setup for choosing your rebound style in them. But I run them for a year or so before the MIP real shock valves came out and same thing if you dedicate yourself to them for a bit and do the work take the notes they work pretty darn good to I did have a little problem of and on with valve sticking and matching piston to bore size,, thought I would throw these in the mix to but to be truthful I don't know if they even make any more..
Old 07-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #15

i have the rpm clicker pistons in a couple rc10's, they work killer once you figure out the right combo to use.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i have the rpm clicker pistons in a couple rc10's, they work killer once you figure out the right combo to use.
LOL never heard them called that but perfect they should rename them that ya I run them for I can't really remember but for will like say only problem I had with them is the clicker would stop clicking lol manly my fault from missing with to much was always trying to make better and they were bad ass and funny no one wanted to deal with and really just putting them in they were improvment as long as you didn't get to thick oil in them.

MIP bypass valves - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HH Rx bypass adapter 808TF2 Electronics 1 10-31-2015 04:47 AM
RC Bypass shocks motas General Scale Talk 6 05-25-2015 11:37 AM
Help with BEC install us Rx Bypass NorOr Markie Electronics 11 01-16-2015 10:16 PM
Receiver bypass adapter Chris_The_Battery_Man Electronics 6 08-29-2011 04:24 PM
can I bypass a BEC or is that FUBAR,,, grouser Electronics 16 06-14-2009 06:02 PM