Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Backyard RC Course . . . Tips,Tricks,Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #1

Default Backyard RC Course . . . Tips,Tricks,Suggestions

Looking for it all. I was really wanting to do something with wire lathe and stucko. Or even foam blocks molded and sprayed with sticks/concrete. I know the possibilities are endless. One member on here seemed to have carved his course out of dirt then simply poured concrete over top after getting his desired look of nooks and crannies dips and crevasses. It looked to be one of the best backyard courses I have seen yet. So all this being said. Send it all my way suggestions , tips, what not to do , pictures , links I will take it all.
Thanks
Mike
BeatNotBabied77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Backyard RC Course . . . Tips,Tricks,Suggestions

Where do you live? In town or rural? Are you looking for a scale course or a rocks? How much room do you have?
dyecocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #3

I went for a more scale approach to my course, I just started stacking rocks until I reached the desired effect and then used gravel and sand, or a mixture thereof to lock each rock in place. The creekbed water feature uses a 2x4 structure with plastic lapped over it for the water flow.

mccustomize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #4

Looks incredible. Great job and thanks for the info and taking the time to share.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #5

Dyecocker , I have a 50 ft by 25ft restful are section in my backyard. I live inside the town of Washington,Mo. 45 minutes west of St.Louis. Really looking to make something where it looks nice (to keep the Ol lady happy/off my back) but is also technical enough to serve as a good practice course. Thinking a cross between landscaping and rock crawling.
Lastly what is the best way to post pictures of build and progress on the course?
Old 01-28-2017, 05:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

If you want something long term in the yard I would definitely start with a fabric mat under whatever you decide to pile on so the weeds do not start. Concrete courses look very nice and are functional but the problem I have is they are set in stone, literally. Once you spend that money, its there forever. I like to be able to change my courses easily if needed so I am always up against something different. I am sure being in MO you could find a few farmers on the edge of town that (if you ask nicely) would let you go digging in the fence lines for rocks they have picked over the years as long as you can find a way to haul them home. My course is basically a competition course, but I run my scale stuff on it regularly. I just bring in rocks by the dump truck full and dump them, spread and pile them as needed by hand. Its a workout but I need it anyways
dyecocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Backyard RC Course . . . Tips,Tricks,Suggestions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tips and tricks of the trade meanbgreen Newbie General 13 08-24-2011 02:56 AM
Any tips or tricks.... suicide_silence Axial SCX-10 2 10-26-2010 09:35 AM
tips and tricks to the ax10 my96on22s Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 11-14-2008 12:55 PM