Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed mad torque budget scale project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #1

Default Exceed mad torque budget scale project

OK so I have a exceed mad torque 1/8 scale Rockcrawler. Recently I’ve been seeing peoples custom builds where they have 12 mm hex hubs with either axial or proline wheels and tires but the mad torque comes with Stock 17 mm hex Hubs. I bought the mad torque crawler a few years back and am now deciding to budget 1/10 scale it. At the moment I’m looking to change from the stock 17mm hex hub and convert it to a 12mm hub to fit a more variety of “scale” wheels. I’ve seen alot of conversion kits for 12mm turn to 17mm which is backwards of what I need (usually those kits say for the slash or erevo. I Have been seeing people with axial rims and proline tires on their 1/8th scale mad torques but I can’t figure out how I can accomplish the same thing. I see on the part replacement page different axles that look like they might be for 12mm wheels but idk. Pictures below. Any suggestions?

Danny1808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2020, 06:17 PM   #2

Default Re: Exceed mad torque budget scale project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1808 View Post
OK so I have a exceed mad torque 1/8 scale Rockcrawler. Recently I’ve been seeing peoples custom builds where they have 12 mm hex hubs with either axial or proline wheels and tires but the mad torque comes with Stock 17 mm hex Hubs. I bought the mad torque crawler a few years back and am now deciding to budget 1/10 scale it. At the moment I’m looking to change from the stock 17mm hex hub and convert it to a 12mm hub to fit a more variety of “scale” wheels. I’ve seen alot of conversion kits for 12mm turn to 17mm which is backwards of what I need (usually those kits say for the slash or erevo. I Have been seeing people with axial rims and proline tires on their 1/8th scale mad torques but I can’t figure out how I can accomplish the same thing. I see on the part replacement page different axles that look like they might be for 12mm wheels but idk. Pictures below. Any suggestions?

The original axles (that came with the truck not the one off the websites pictures) aren’t threaded. But the ones on the website are which leads me to believe that they are a 12mm conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I used parts out of an Exceed Maxstone 10 to convert mine to 12mm hexes.

My first ever build: 1/6 Scale New Bright Raptor
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoreDX View Post
I used parts out of an Exceed Maxstone 10 to convert mine to 12mm hexes.

My first ever build: 1/6 Scale New Bright Raptor

So they plug right up? From the maxstone 1/10 scale? And if so do you know the part number of the axle piece with the 12mm threads?

Old 01-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I forgot to mention I later replaced a broken Maxstone knuckle with axial knuckles so I believe Axial parts would work too.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:42 PM   #6

Quote:
I forgot to mention I later replaced a broken Maxstone knuckle with axial knuckles so I believe Axial parts would work too.

So these would match up and give me that desired thread that I could use more scale smaller wheels on? (Screenshot is axles for madstone 1/10

Old 01-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1808 View Post
So these would match up and give me that desired thread that I could use more scale smaller wheels on? (Screenshot is axles for madstone 1/10

IIRC you need the wheel drive shafts, steering knuckles, and bearings. The nuckles/bearings in the Mad Torque were a different size than what was in the MaxStone. Oh and the hexes of course.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #8

Quote:
IIRC you need the wheel drive shafts, steering knuckles, and bearings. The nuckles/bearings in the Mad Torque were a different size than what was in the MaxStone. Oh and the hexes of course.

So axial steering knuckles. I think it’s the ax10. I can’t find ax10 knuckles but St racing concepts makes a pair that apparently fit the ax10 and they look near identical to the MT’s knuckles so I might give them a shot (picture below). The drive shafts. Hexes, And which bearings in the axles? Do you remember part any?
numbers?

Exceed mad torque budget scale project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceed mad torque 1/8 to 1/10 scale budget build! Crawlin' Lobster General Crawlers 228 02-03-2016 08:41 AM
Exceed Mad Torque CrawlerKing4805 General Crawlers 7 06-21-2012 10:04 AM
Exceed Mad Torque?? zero5rubicon Newbie General 2 12-29-2011 06:34 PM