Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Front Dig/Burn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #1

Default Front Dig/Burn

I just posted this on another forum but I just joined that one and don't know if they are basically a scale club or not. So I thought I would try over here too.

I'm pretty new to the RC world but have dived in head first and am loving it so far. I've gotten the uses for rear dig down pretty well and use it regularly but I can't really figure out where front dig aka Burn would be used.

I happen to have added rear steer to my comp crawler so technically if I want to spin around on a dime or shift the rear end over going in reverse I could use burn and full rear lock to do that, but I don't see that being needed very much and rear steer isn't even allowed in 2.2 comp crawling events plus reversing is points wasted, so what do you do with it with a no steer rear axle going forward?

If you know of any videos showing guys using it to an advantage please share links.
crawlercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #2

Default Re: Front Dig/Burn

I didn’t know such a thing existed so I’m curious to learn as well.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I didn’t know such a thing existed so I’m curious to learn as well.
Must be MOA is my guess.

Front and rear dig is always a confusion on which is which it seems. To simplify MY understanding, I refer to front dig as rear locked and rear dig as front locked. (I only mention my understanding to clarify what I am talking about, not here to argue which is correct )

My only experience with rear steer and FR/RR "dig" is super's. For me, I could not see an advantage with rear dig, without rear steer. All its going to do is load up the suspension, and there is nowhere to move the axle but slide to the downhill side. With rear steer, there are similar to advantages to front dig, especially when the rear axle needs to clear a gate. 4 wheel steering helps but sometimes you need to lock the front or at least slow it down when youre right into the gate.

I understand you are talking 2.2, so maybe someone else can chime in but I see no use for rear dig without rear steer. Every situation the rear will slide out downhill.

I am curious to hear as well though. Always willing to learn.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlercon View Post
I just posted this on another forum but I just joined that one and don't know if they are basically a scale club or not. So I thought I would try over here too.

I'm pretty new to the RC world but have dived in head first and am loving it so far. I've gotten the uses for rear dig down pretty well and use it regularly but I can't really figure out where front dig aka Burn would be used.

I happen to have added rear steer to my comp crawler so technically if I want to spin around on a dime or shift the rear end over going in reverse I could use burn and full rear lock to do that, but I don't see that being needed very much and rear steer isn't even allowed in 2.2 comp crawling events plus reversing is points wasted, so what do you do with it with a no steer rear axle going forward?

If you know of any videos showing guys using it to an advantage please share links.

Interested about knowing the link of the other scale forum you were reading.

please post it

pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Front Dig/Burn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Burn Baby Burn-Disco INFERNO HotRodJosh 1.9 Scale Rigs 59 02-25-2011 12:30 PM
Front-burn baaaaaad.... Nova Chit Chat 4 08-11-2005 10:37 PM