Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Adjusting VP hurtz dig V2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Adjusting VP hurtz dig V2

A new project of mine is to upgrade my SCX10-II with the VP Hurtz Dig V2 #VPS01350.
I set it as a three position dig.
The following situation can be found:
Changing from middle position - freewheeling - to the inner position for compelte propulsion works well. The clutch closes every time being shifted.

But changing from middle position to the locked position (outer) doesn't work properly.

I'm using a Savox SA-1256 TG. I moved the end points up an down, but this didn't help so far.

The set up is still on the bench, no driveshafts mounted yet.
It might get better when the rig drives and some force even comes from the driveshaft side. But at the moment I'm far from having a propper solution.

I read about the bending of the alumnium bracket, acting as a spring, increasing the force to close the clutch.
I see this bending as well, but the clutch won't find it's position.
Thus the bracket stays bended and the servo cries whilst getting warm.

Nethertheless, I want to get this third position activated properly, without frying my servo.

Has anybody the problems as well?
Might it be necesarry to rework the active areas of both clutch parts a bit, that they will find their way?
Might it wear in - before the servo dies?

Thank you!
Attached Images

ToCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Adjusting VP hurtz dig V2

Setup is critical. Harley has a couple of videos.
Start by finding freewheel. Set sub trim at zero and put the arm on the servo at this exact position. Then start setting EP (I Set both at 20) then adjust until dig fully engages, watch the arm and when at full stroke, back off a couple. Then do the rear. You should have everything hooked up under load. My EP’s are at 29/71 and I have all three positions. Proper servo arm is a must, 24mm if I remember.
I’m also running a slipper eliminator, stock VS4 trans .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:00 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Adjusting VP hurtz dig V2

with the trans sitting static on the bench it may not go into the 3rd/locked position if the sliders aren't aligned.
The Dig / lock slider is on the trans output for the rear drive shaft & in the real world if you active dig on the radio but it doesn't lock immediately, it will only take a tiny amount of forward throttle driving through the front wheels for the rotation of the rear drive shaft to align the sliders & the dig to engage.

Test this on the bench if you like by fitting a drive shaft on the rear out put & activating the Dig while turning the rear drive shaft by hand & see if it locks properly then.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote