Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Element is at it again. Another new rig to go with the new Pinseeker tires?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2022, 11:05 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Element is at it again. Another new rig to go with the new Pinseeker tires?

Element's been teasing their new Pinseeker tires, but is that all they're teasing? Could be another new rig on the way right after the Bushido release!

Pictures of the new Pinseeker tires.

What's hiding behind the logo and Pinseeker tires???

soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Element is at it again. Another new rig to go with the new Pinseeker tires?

I can't wait to see what is hiding behind the Element sign!

I like the look of the new tires!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:49 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Element is at it again. Another new rig to go with the new Pinseeker tires?

New Axles!

Increased structural support
Increased input bearing diameter
Machined ring and pinion
Provisions for a future internal weight setup
Steel universal drive shafts
Scale brake rotors
Servo on axle mount

But wait, there's more...

Also a "Stealth XF" Transmission.. what could that be? Forward Mount?

Last edited by soze; 11-09-2022 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:03 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Nice! Ok, tell me more!

I'll have to jump on the Gram to what peeps are saying about them!

I'm curious to see what else is behind that banner. Looks like a truck bed sticking out!

Last edited by B-MOW71; 11-09-2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:24 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

what a great time for RC crawlers ... lots of innovation and competition its bringing a lot of cool things our way... it is great for the hobby but not good for my wallet. Very excited to see whats next!!! keep them coming Element.
Speedy-Triple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:31 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Also a "Stealth XF" Transmission.. what could that be? Forward Mount?
Forward mount with a Foxbelly twist to keep it low! Hmmm!
Old 11-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

Am I seeing that correctly? New upgraded axle housings whose parts are backwards compatible but has a larger input bearing?

Are those new steelies the new tires are wrapped around?

They are showing SOA, there must be a comp crawler behind the sign?
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Sendero Sport Edition!

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...ro/SE_Sendero/

Forward motor mount
Inner Fenders
New Axles

Chassis Features

SOA & BTA STEERING: Servo-on-axle steering provides better performance while keeping the vehicle's center of gravity low. The behind-the-axle steering provides better approach angles, more clearance, and a cleaner look.

UPDATED AXLES: New axles with larger input bushings (upgradable to bearings) handle higher loads. New diff covers feature the ability to add weights on the inside to maintain a scale look, and faux disk brakes with calipers add even more scale details.

THREADED SHOCK BODIES AND MINI SPRINGS: Just as smooth and reliable as our aluminum shocks, these durable plastic shocks feature caps with a bleeder screw for easy airless bleeding and mini springs for a more scale appearance and to keep the weight low.

REEDY POWER CRAWLER MOTOR: The new Reedy Power 5-slot 16-turn brushed crawler motor provides ample torque with a smooth power delivery. This allows for slow precise acceleration while maintaining consistent power over rough terrain and obstacles.

REEDY POWER ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER (ESC): The water-resistant SC480X brushed ESC is specifically programmed for crawling with proportional forward/reverse, dual auxiliary power output leads, LiPo low-voltage cutoff protections, and T-plug connector.

RADIO & SERVO: The Flysky FS-G4P, 2.4GHz, 4-channel radio and receiver with ANT protocol together with a Reedy Power 1523MG (metal gear) water-resistant servo is the perfect setup for keeping the Enduro SE under control on the trail.

STEALTH XF GEARBOX WITH FORWARD MOTOR MOUNT: At the heart of the Enduro is our all-new Stealth XF gearbox. The new design moves the motor forward to help keep the weight over the front wheels. This new design comes stock with a one-to-one ratio, but still maintains the ability to adjust the rear drive ratio independently from the front with the use of our optional Factory Team gears. Sold separately, these gears allow the transmission to overdrive the front a mild 5.7% or a more aggressive 11.83%.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:07 PM   #9
Slow is the new Fast

Oh, that's nice! I like the 12.8 WB and improved departure angles. It actually comes with injection molded inner fenders, Shultz caved

Element is making it real easy to accumulate Enduro's...

Last edited by smog; 11-09-2022 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Few other interesting things here.

Plastic links (a la Deadbolt)
Plastic shock bodies, but.... new setup with mini springs and bleeder screws on the caps.
New axles use larger input "bushings", but can be replaced with bearings
Old 11-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #11
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Few other interesting things here.

Plastic links (a la Deadbolt)
Plastic shock bodies, but.... new setup with mini springs and bleeder screws on the caps.
New axles use larger input "bushings", but can be replaced with bearings
They are keeping the price point down, I would guess. Ideally there will be a kit to follow that corrects the downgrades. That said, how much could it really cost to put real bearings in there?
Old 11-09-2022, 12:22 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

It's a solid truck for the price. And bushings are much more friendly for newest of users not up on maintenance requirements yet. If I bought one I'd just wait for the bushings to wear out before upgrading.

Love the new transmission design, and I hope the axle housings come to the other RTR's.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:24 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
They are keeping the price point down, I would guess. Ideally there will be a kit to follow that corrects the downgrades. That said, how much could it really cost to put real bearings in there?

My guess is it's more for longevity with the newest of users that aren't up on maintenance requirements. Because I'd agree, the cost of bearing vs bushing can't really be that different anymore.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

My biggest interests from this are...

Will the new spring setup be backwards compatible? With a new assortment of mini springs? I may be converting quite a few shocks if they are.
Forward motor mount. Definitely interested for some builds
New Axles with SOA. Also can see myself using these for a build.

UPDATE: new spring setup is backwards compatible. 4 sets of mini spring rates planned.

For an entry-level rig at this price point. It's got a lot of things to like. It costs less than a Deadbolt, and it'll probably perform better as well.

Last edited by soze; 11-09-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Wasn't the forward motor available, but you just needed to use the optional top shaft? This looks like a really good entry point for a lot of folks, and just in time for Christmas. Between this, a TRX-4 sport, and a Base Camp - among others - there are some really nice choices out there to get started.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:26 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
It costs less than a Deadbolt, and it'll probably perform better as well.

That’s a good point right there.

While I don’t love the idea of going backwards with certain plastic parts, RTR’s are quickly rising to, or above the $400 price point.

Also, I can recognize there is value in having an upgrade path for a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:38 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

When they announce the Enduro SE kit, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.
Honestly, at $299 I'm tempted to go through the usual RTR rigamarole of taking everything apart, putting it back together, and eBay-ing off all of the RTR junk.
But I can feel the softness of those plastics from here.
Element going HARD at that $300 RTR market.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:16 PM   #18
Slow is the new Fast

Here is imthatguy's (SBG) review and run.

Old 11-09-2022, 03:55 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Here is imthatguy's (SBG) review and run.

After watching that, I feel like element has made a really good base to build off of. If you want to go more performance oriented, you’ve got soa/4link, less detailed body you’ll likely change anyway, forward motor mount, o/d available, FT high clearance links available, etc.

If you want scale, you can detail out the body, swap to cms/3link, get a licensed tire, etc.

Also I don’t see why you couldn’t buy the plastic detail parts set for the original sendero and mount everything to this body.

I was really excited about the bushido when it was announced, until I saw how damn big it was. This is definitely more intriguing to me as a cheap trail/project truck down the line.

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 05:16 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
After watching that, I feel like element has made a really good base to build off of. If you want to go more performance oriented, you’ve got soa/4link, less detailed body you’ll likely change anyway, forward motor mount, o/d available, FT high clearance links available, etc.

If you want scale, you can detail out the body, swap to cms/3link, get a licensed tire, etc.

Also I don’t see why you couldn’t buy the plastic detail parts set for the original sendero and mount everything to this body.

I was really excited about the bushido when it was announced, until I saw how damn big it was. This is definitely more intriguing to me as a cheap trail/project truck down the line.

I have to agree. At first I thought it would just be a cheapened Sendero, but I think it’s really more than that. I’d buy this for one of my kids, especially at that price.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote

Element is at it again. Another new rig to go with the new Pinseeker tires? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Element rig to be released at PLBTF 2022. Hard body? soze General Crawlers 47 10-11-2022 07:10 AM
Element Enduro Trailwalker gets tires JMHZ2401 Videos! 0 11-17-2020 04:16 PM