Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: FMS 1/12 Jimny known issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2023, 01:06 PM   #1

Default FMS 1/12 Jimny known issues

Hello y'all. Just wanted to see what your experiences have been with the 1/12 Jimny. I've done some reading on the forums and overall these trucks are OK for what they are (all metal gears for example, full bearings, 2 speed) especially if bought on sale but I have read several user complaints that go like this: "having some issues with getting it to move at all. Got it to turn on...I can't get it to go at all. Pull the trigger on the radio, nothing."

It seems therefore that there might be an issue with the ESC/receiver combo with these trucks. Also, while Horizon, Tower, etc carry pretty much all the parts for these and all are in stock with the exception of the ESC combo. That item has been continually on backorder, which only reinforces my suspicion.
4stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2023, 01:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: FMS 1/12 Jimny known issues

Check aliexpress out, they have just about everything for the jimny too. I've also done a bit of measuring and from my measurements the space is 60x25x30. I bought a 1100mah battery and will report back with fitment results. I'm not sure if I did it but my drivers side hood hinge is broken. Anyone else?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:51 PM   #3

I know ali and such will have them but what I meant is establish if this is a common issue since a few have mentioned a dead throttle condition and that particular item seems to be out of stock on several sites (could be just a coincidence).

I do agree with the battery fitment issues. The Jimny is relatively small. It's only 1/12 model of a 4x4 that is tiny in real life version is also a tiny 4x4. Also the very detailed interior doesn't leave much room to hide the electronics, esp the battery. Stock battery space is very limited indeed. I would love to know how your new battery works out.

The hinge issue you mention seems to be very common as well. I don't think it's a quality issue. Hinges just don't scale very well. Large durable hinges would look bulky so I think the designers went with scale. Also, this thing is just as rollover prone as the 1:1 version. How's that for scale realism!

On the plus size I'm happy this thing comes stock with full metal gearing and full bearings instead of plastic or a combo of metal and plastic that always end up stripping. But then again it's usually listed at $250USD. Too much imo, bearings or no bearings. Maybe if the gearbox and axles were metal. Anyways, the 'sale' prices (typically $100-150) are a better 'value'.

Then there's the stock tires. Not very effective. I haven't checked their size but I wonder if there are any more aggressive tires that would fit the stock wheels.

Last edited by 4stroke; 05-29-2023 at 09:10 PM.
4stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think a friend of mine purchased one of these on sale at Tower Hobbies.
NWCT24CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Plastic is very brittle in cold weather....more so than their Willys jeep.
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote

FMS 1/12 Jimny known issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FMS 1/6 Suzuki Jimny 4WD RødeDK General Scale Talk 21 08-17-2023 08:03 PM
FMS 1/12 Suzuki Jimny K.O.M. General Crawlers 9 07-09-2023 06:34 AM
FMS K10 vs. FMS K5...thoughts? Wakko Micro Scale Rigs 11 05-23-2023 10:25 AM
FMS 1/12 Suzuki Jimny 4WD Crawler RTR K.O.M. Scale Videos! 1 07-22-2021 11:33 AM
New 1/12 Suzuki Jimny by FMS, with licensed and with awesome scale details donaldsneffe General Scale Talk 9 07-19-2021 02:55 PM