Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: New 1/12 Suzuki Jimny by FMS, with licensed and with awesome scale details

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2021, 04:33 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New 1/12 Suzuki Jimny by FMS, with licensed and with awesome scale details

Hi,
check this out - awesome:
Licensed, super scale, top interior, 2-speed, light-system, moving steering wheel, open-door, etc.:

Suzuki Jimny 1/12 Eachine&FMS RC12002 RTR
Suzuki Jimny 1/12 Eachine&FMS RC12002 RTR with 2 batteries

Cool!

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2021, 08:49 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New 1/12 Suzuki Jimny by FMS, with licensed and with awesome scale details

Seems pretty cool. I like that Roc Hobby/FMS is attempting to push the more scale side of things.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New 1/12 Suzuki Jimny by FMS, with licensed and with awesome scale details

The price is right on with what you're getting !
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:24 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
The price is right on with what you're getting !
Price-drop for preorders - 50 € less now:

Old 06-09-2021, 06:13 AM   #5

Hey Don. I follow your YouTube channel. The new V2 lc80 is amazing. Metal diffs and an extremely quiet esc. This jimny looks like the willys. Detail wise. But those tires look awful. Any idea what the wheel hex are? Gotta put grippy tires on it.

What’s your take on the 4x4 miniZ trucks. The wrangler looks the most capable. Thanks for your videos. I’m glad my work bench looks as terribly disorganized as yours!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WashMountingtonCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashMountingtonCrawl View Post
The new V2 lc80 is amazing. Metal diffs and an extremely quiet esc.
Good to know. You are the first one to report this (or I heard this from).
Quiet ESC? How this?
The new 1/12 Willys Jeep seems also to be quite silent (1 German video on YT and Rockcrawler.de, several did already arrive in Germany and Switzerland, from Asiatees (with customs) and Aliexpress (taxfree), mine from Banggood unfortunately did not yet arrive, but it is on the way - hopefully next week here in A).
Curious... the 1/12 Willy does also come with a new, different radio.

Donno, why they do not tell this (metal gears, new ESC...) in the description of the new v2 LC80

Quote:
This jimny looks like the willys. Detail wise. But those tires look awful. Any idea what the wheel hex are? Gotta put grippy tires on it.
Donno yet. Probably 7 mm because it seems to be only little larger than all the 1/18 trucks...
But donno... we will see... will probably preorder one.

Quote:
What’s your take on the 4x4 miniZ trucks. The wrangler looks the most capable.
I love my Jimny - several videos on my channel. That is the only 4x4 Mini-Z I do have. They are expensive here (250 € - about 300 US$), so I won't buy a second one... (probably ;) ).
But I did already buy and build and paint the Mini-Z 4x4 Jeep body months ago... crazy... what Kyosho did. All accessories (door handles, mirrors, etc.) are made in white (!!!) plastic and mounted that way to the parts tree, that you cannot airbrush it on the tree (because a big white spot would be there after clipping). It was a pain to build, mainly to paint this body, also grill, etc...

However, my take:
If you are on crawling, buy a SCX24, if you are on scale, buy a Mini-Z 4x4. My Jimny is very capable, but it has tiny tires, etc. - so of course one cannot compare it to the capabilities of a SCX24 (with servo on axle, worm gears, huge tires).

The Jeep and the Jimny have 120 mm wheelbase, while the Toyota does only have 110 mm - that is probably why Jeep and Jimny are better climbers.

Quote:
Thanks for your videos. I’m glad my work bench looks as terribly disorganized as yours!!
I am always cleaning up the mess BEFORE I make a video ;)
So you probably never saw my workbench in normal condition ;)
Today I will probably make a short video about the new DumboRC ESC and not clean up the mess - then you can see...

Not the time for a lot of videos actually, weather fine, lockdown over, and better flying helicopters and planes in the evening than sitting at home and tinkering with trucks and making videos
And Friday Eurocopa starts... even less time for videos

Walter
Old 07-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Mine arrived a few days ago. I did a quick unbox and scale comparison. Here's a link to my video here:

FMS 1/12 Suzuki Jimny
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:44 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Hi,
Banggood promo code BG5c3882
Significant price drops with this code for both versions:

Suzuki Jimny 1/12 Eachine FMS with 1 battery

Suzuki Jimny 1/12 with 2 batteries
Old 07-19-2021, 11:56 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Any idea what the wheel hex are? Gotta put grippy tires on it.
From the unboxing video I saw, there are no hexes. The wheel itself grabs the pin in the axle so unless you put hexes on your self and still have enough thread left, to mount standard "hex accepting wheels" you may be out of luck. And if you have enough thread left, they wheels may stick out rather far and look way out of place in my opinion.

See video around 8:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kSnrw-LLDI

Last edited by OnTheTrail; 07-19-2021 at 12:00 PM.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:55 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
From the unboxing video I saw, there are no hexes. The wheel itself grabs the pin in the axle so unless you put hexes on your self and still have enough thread left, to mount standard "hex accepting wheels" you may be out of luck. And if you have enough thread left, they wheels may stick out rather far and look way out of place in my opinion.
I think you may also be looking for wheels that would need to be scale to the vehicle. After driving the car, I think it might be a specific modeler that would be happy with this car in the long term—I’ve got a video in the works about my final thoughts, but first, still finishing up the last touches on my driving video, which I will post in my original video post I linked to above.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote

New 1/12 Suzuki Jimny by FMS, with licensed and with awesome scale details - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Suzuki Jimny with a TWIST! shenlonco Videos! 0 10-29-2020 07:44 AM
New: Suzuki Jimny 1/16 app controlled donaldsneffe General Scale Talk 3 07-14-2020 02:57 AM
MST J3 Suzuki Jimny out now. Teng Max Speed Technology CMX 33 04-20-2019 07:32 PM
Suzuki Jimny J3 ROB850R Scale Videos! 1 12-11-2018 10:15 AM
Suzuki Jimny 1/32 PATROL31000 Micro Scale Rigs 6 10-17-2018 11:10 AM