Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Scx10 pro shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Scx10 pro shocks

I have a 10 pro kit coming and I read a post where someone put on some trx4 shocks or whatever brand it was but they said the upper spring and cap? Were hitting the frame. Does anyone have any experience on what shocks fit on there yet? I always run king shocks cuz I have always loved the real kings! But don't wanna spend the money if they're not fit? Is it possible to throw a spacer on or would that put a bad angle on the shock?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2023, 09:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Scx10 pro shocks

Stock shocks are pretty good. Build them with Traxxas X rings and green slime and they'll hold oil pretty well. Better than any other Axial shock anyway. You'd probably have to add a spacer for TRX4 shocks or any shock with a full length spring but that shouldnt be a problem unless you're running a power wagon/comp wagon body.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 11:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Stock shocks are pretty good. Build them with Traxxas X rings and green slime and they'll hold oil pretty well. Better than any other Axial shock anyway. You'd probably have to add a spacer for TRX4 shocks or any shock with a full length spring but that shouldnt be a problem unless you're running a power wagon/comp wagon body.
I guess I'll have to see what it looks like when I get it. I've read the stock shocks are pretty good, my deal is just I like kings alot so I'd love to put them under it if I could! Just gonna be running the proline hilux body I've got so shouldn't be any issues there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I'm curious on what the benefits of running the X-rings from traxxas are? Will they fit all axial shocks? I love the kit shocks on the old axial rigs but man, do they leak!
Tbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 11:14 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbrown View Post
I'm curious on what the benefits of running the X-rings from traxxas are? Will they fit all axial shocks? I love the kit shocks on the old axial rigs but man, do they leak!
Traxxas X-rings seal in 2 spots per ring, so much less likely to leak.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10 pro shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD pro scale or Pro Line Pro Spec shocks? Mr. Crawley EC Axial SCX10 II 6 06-18-2019 11:04 PM
In Stock Now!! NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-08-2018 12:08 PM