Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: help with electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question help with electronics

i bought a moped esc and am now waiting for it . i pulled the steer servo of my spare t maxx and dont no how to wire all this stuff . does the esc come with directions on wiring? i also want to use my spare TQ3 radio . what else do i need
welder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Talking

lack of knowledge in this forum
welder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #3

i'd love to help, but i'm still rewiring my stock circuit board. i don't know much about hg electronics.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

The servo plugs into the ESC. The battery plugs into the ESC. The receiver (with antenna) plugs into the ESC. All you have to worry about is the positive and negative wires coming from each motor. These get wired to the place where a single motor would be wired into the ESC. The trick is that one motor's wires have to be reversed so that they spin in the same, not opposite directions. This is where you need to experiment.

Get some electrical tape and mock it up, make sure every thing's working, and then solder the necessary connections and shrink wrap it all up.

I haven't actually converted mine to HG electronics, but I took a quick look at it and what I said above is how I would assume it's done.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor View Post
The servo plugs into the ESC. The battery plugs into the ESC. The receiver (with antenna) plugs into the ESC. All you have to worry about is the positive and negative wires coming from each motor. These get wired to the place where a single motor would be wired into the ESC. The trick is that one motor's wires have to be reversed so that they spin in the same, not opposite directions. This is where you need to experiment.

Ummm yeah....close but no cigar. It lacks of one thing. the Reciever, nothing plug into the esc besides the battery, and the + and - wires. everything else pops into little slots on the reciever and depending on how many servos and what not your running depends on how many channels or a how many channeled reciever/radio you are going to need. Also, you need to make sure you plug all the wires into the right reciever slots or stuff like the steering will be the throttle on the radio and vise versa.

With the wiring of the motors, you kinda sorta need to do what he said, I re-wired my motors with red and black 14 gauge multi purpose wire and called it good so I could determine which one was pos and neg. to hook them to a 1 motor esc, personally I am using a duratrax sprint, small, lightweight, and can take 7 cells no prob. sides it was only $15 on ebay. To wire it I went and bought a pack (2 per pack) of 3 way wire connectors from Napa and used one of the connectors out of the 3 to the + wire and then grabbed the other 3-way and did the same to the - wire and rigged it like this:

Hope it helps

Last edited by 1/18th_Nylint_Auzzy; 06-04-2007 at 10:46 PM.
1/18th_Nylint_Auzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/18th_Nylint_Auzzy View Post
Ummm yeah....close but no cigar. It lacks of one thing.
Oh yeah, you're right. All those things I said plug into the ESC really plug into the Receiver, I got that mixed up. It's been a while since I've done ANY rc work, so I'm really rusty.

Cool diagram though, thanks, I saved it for later when I need to do mine!
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

lol glad to help bro
1/18th_Nylint_Auzzy is offline   Reply With Quote