Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Found, Purchased, and In Use- Duratrax Body Mount Kit A+

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Found, Purchased, and In Use- Duratrax Body Mount Kit A+

I recently found this (Part number DTXC6450)while browsing around on www.towerhobbies.com. It is a nifty little body mount kit for a Maximum ST, but I thought it would work great for my NN. Well it did! I got it in the mail today, put it on my NN, and it just so happens that everything lined up perfectly. The holes on the ends of the post holders lined up perfectly with the center holes on my NN chassis. The posts were the perfect height to set the Monster GT body I run so that it would rub on the wheels, but still was low enough where my crawler can stand almost straight up.

I thought I would just post this up, as I figured this mount system would work great for other crawlers, too, especially in crawlers that the body mounts come off of the sides of the chassis and can get hung up or broken off on the rocks. It is perfect for NN owners, but I am sure that this would work great on many other crawlers. Here are some pictures of my setup.

Sorry about the bad picture quality... My camera hasnt been taking very good pictures ever since I did an onboard video on my 1/8 nitro buggy...
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
support@rc4wd.com

Nice find! Ive been looking for something like this for my Ax10. Are you able to move the posts to the other holes on the mount if needed? Can the posts be cut down and reused?
roborg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
pup
Quarry Creeper

What is the distance between posts? It would be nice to use these on all my rigs. Easier to keep the bodies interchangable that way.

Last edited by pup; 12-25-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: sp
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roborg5000 View Post
Nice find! Ive been looking for something like this for my Ax10. Are you able to move the posts to the other holes on the mount if needed? Can the posts be cut down and reused?
Well, the outer holes are the main post holes, but if you drilled in the bottom of the posts and got a couple of screws, you could put them in the other holes just as easily. And yes, you can cut the bottom of the posts off to make them shorter, or if you meant can they be used on something else, yes. They come out of the post holders. You only need a screw to hold them in the post holder. They are very durable too.

I have mine held on there this way- I drilled a hole through the post near the bottom. Then I slid it down in the post holder, lined it up with the holes on there, put a screw through it, and presto!

The posts are also felxible enough that when I roll over my 14 pound super, the posts flex, but they dont break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup View Post
What is the distance between posts? It would be nice to use these on all my rigs. Easier to keep the bodies interchangable that way.
The distance between them from the center of post to the center of the other post on the post holder is 3 3/4 inches.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just was out running my crawler, and I was bashing it around quite a bit, and I got it so that it was on thr left side wheels, and I was driving around sideways on 2 wheels, without anything holding the crawler up. These body mounts are light enough to keep my crawler from just land over on it's lid in this situation. However the weight of the body also has a big factor in that type of situation also.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
pup
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the measurement!! What happened to your pictures?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks for the measurement!! What happened to your pictures?
Your welcome. What happened to them, as in they are not on the post anymore? because I still see them, or do you mean why does the quality suck? The quality sucks because, well, I dont know why. My camera hasnt been taking very good pictures ever since I duck taped it to my 1/8 nitro buggy and did an onboard video. I have cleaned the lens, but it hasnt helped.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
pup
Quarry Creeper

They are there. SORRY My sons login on the puter and parental controls must have been blocking them for some reason.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
They are there. SORRY My sons login on the puter and parental controls must have been blocking them for some reason.
lol, no problem.

ALSO NOTE!!!
This kit only contains enough posts and mounts for one crawler. So if you plan on using it on several crawlers, you need several mounts.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone one else tried this yet? Just curious to see how other people have mounted them if they did buy a kit.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
Has anyone one else tried this yet? Just curious to see how other people have mounted them if they did buy a kit.
Pup, roborg5000, did either of you guys try this? Has anyone else ever used these mounts before?