Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Corperate sponsers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Corporate sponsors?

Is there any big name rc companys that sponsor the crawling competitons yet? If not i wonder how long it'll be before it is recognized more so then just a backyard sport. Do you like it sponsored and small or mainstream and large? Anyone have any thoughts? Has this been covered already(can't find anything on it)? If so lmk

Last edited by Rockinrockcrawler; 05-24-2005 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Rockinrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

To start, they'd probably want you to spell corporate right :-P

It hasn't happened yet that I know of? I don't think there is quite enough publicity in events to justify it at this point in time either. In the future I could see it though. RCCrawling is in its infant stages still (maybe a bit further, but still).
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #3

I'd look out for R/C Driver Mag. They have been doing reviews on crawler chassis and covered a recent competition. RCD may be the first to sponsor an event. I'd drop them an email if you are looking for a sponsor for a big event in your area and see what kind of response you get.
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer
I'd look out for R/C Driver Mag. They have been doing reviews on crawler chassis and covered a recent competition. RCD may be the first to sponsor an event. I'd drop them an email if you are looking for a sponsor for a big event in your area and see what kind of response you get.

No way! RC Driver has been doing reviews and more for RC Crawling?

Welcome to RCC n00b JasonInAugusta is the guy doing all the work putting RC Crawling into RCD
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

well drifting started off as a niche r/c sport and look at where it is now.

yokomo has there own drift line of cars, bodies, and other parts.

there are now sponsered events. yokomo sponsors real cars. and all kinds of companies are getting into it.

in the future i see crawling growing steadily and continuously. eventually there will be publicity from more than rcdriver. other big names will get into it. more companies will make chassis, parts, tires (we love tires), beadlocks, bodies, other miscellaneous parts, and so on and so forth.
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
No way! RC Driver has been doing reviews and more for RC Crawling?

Welcome to RCC n00b JasonInAugusta is the guy doing all the work putting RC Crawling into RCD

Ahh, that bit of info slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder.
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

eh none that i know of 1 or 2 might have sponcered an event and htats it no inipendant or team sponcers. as for drifting i started rc drifting when i was just some elec tape and some guys taht got bored of the norm. i ran a tc3 rtr taped tires. then so on etc the rest is history its gained worlwide attn. even full scale drift events usualy have mini tracks for the rc's to drift on and have little comps
AQTHF BIATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:36 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I think the problem you're going to have with promoting crawling is the events are usually held in somewhat remote places so you are not going to get much in the way of spectators at R/C rock crawling events, and specators are what attract sponsors. Maybe if R/C events start getting held in conjunction with 1:1 crawling events or in the city on artificial or temporary courses you might see some sponsor interest.

David
Davkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Default hmmm....

I think that it's possible to see some of the larger RC companies (i.e. Pro-Line, Associated, etc....) to come into the sponcer schem of things. At our last Moab comp. we had 2 local hobby stores (West Valley Hobbies and World Class Models) donate gifts as well as several manufacturs. Pro-line has expressed and interest in becoming involved in the larger events and I'm sure that there are other companies willing to be a part of it all as well. The key is exposure. To get sponcered you need to make yourself known. Win comps, exploit the big dogs products (Pro-Line Kicks Ass), try to get magazine coverage etc... This website is a huge contributer to that (Pro-Line is #1 in Tires and Bodies). Others like Dirk, myself, Jason, JasonInAugusta etc... are all in touch with various companies trying to move things to the larger scale (Pro-Line produces the finest products, period!)

Any how it going to get there. How quick and how big is yet to be seen but I think it will happen (Pro-Line Rocks!)

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo
I think that it's possible to see some of the larger RC companies (i.e. Pro-Line, Associated, etc....) to come into the sponcer schem of things. At our last Moab comp. we had 2 local hobby stores (West Valley Hobbies and World Class Models) donate gifts as well as several manufacturs. Pro-line has expressed and interest in becoming involved in the larger events and I'm sure that there are other companies willing to be a part of it all as well. The key is exposure. To get sponcered you need to make yourself known. Win comps, exploit the big dogs products (Pro-Line Kicks Ass), try to get magazine coverage etc... This website is a huge contributer to that (Pro-Line is #1 in Tires and Bodies). Others like Dirk, myself, Jason, JasonInAugusta etc... are all in touch with various companies trying to move things to the larger scale (Pro-Line produces the finest products, period!)

Any how it going to get there. How quick and how big is yet to be seen but I think it will happen (Pro-Line Rocks!)

Proline does rock!!!
Here's proof:

rccrawler.com is having a raffle during the month of June. Several companies donate give away prizes to encourage members to buy raffle tickets. The money raised from the raffle will fund rccrawler.com so it can run continuously!
Proline has donated:
Moab Tires
Commando Bead Lock Wheels (The newest and coolest product from Proline)
Proline Banners, etc

In a sense, sponsorship begins with "support" and there is no bigger or better company that is supporting rc crawling and rccrawler.com than Proline!!!
Thanks to all at Proline!

I am also working with a few others that you have all heard of!! Stay tuned.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo

That kind of sponsorship is good and all but i hope it never gets like the stadium trucks and buggy's. Where guys have full factory backing and don't even build their own trucks.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrockcrawler
That kind of sponsorship is good and all but i hope it never gets like the stadium trucks and buggy's. Where guys have full factory backing and don't even build their own trucks.

I hope we DO see that happen!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:42 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
To start, they'd probably want you to spell corporate right :-P

It hasn't happened yet that I know of? I don't think there is quite enough publicity in events to justify it at this point in time either. In the future I could see it though. RCCrawling is in its infant stages still (maybe a bit further, but still).

Oh yeah.....and if you are going to spell "corporate" right.....then maybe he should also spell "sponsor" right too??
Old 05-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

If it gets that big we will be all the veterans with the good trucks, inovation, and skill and there gona wana sponsor us. How much better can a factory backed rig be than some of ours?
sambmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #15
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrockcrawler
Do you really think the factory guys don't build their own stuff?

C'mon now.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #16
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta

C'mon now.
Yea that's pretty much like saying Dale Jr. is sponsored by chevrolet, so he runs an off the lot monte carlo.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Yea that's pretty much like saying Dale Jr. is sponsored by chevrolet, so he runs an off the lot monte carlo.
Yeah.....but where is Dale Jr.'s RC crawler??????
Old 05-24-2005, 04:21 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

C'mon now.
They don't fabricate each peice by hand in a garage with a bandsaw and a drill press i know that.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:30 PM   #19
06 Super National Champ

Ah, I see what you're saying.

But with Stadium, etc, the pros still sit and build the kit to each of their tastes.

BTW, those kits don't just come from the factory engineers that think "Hey! This would be a good idea. They come from input from the racers, Saxton, Kinwald, Francis, Drake, etc.

Also...I know for a fact that Kinwald does make his own parts, you just don't see'm until they've gone through testing. Then the geometry gets translated into easy to produce (read "injection molded") parts.

You forget that the pro racers you speak of usually work for the company that sponsors them.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ah, I see what you're saying.

But with Stadium, etc, the pros still sit and build the kit to each of their tastes.

BTW, those kits don't just come from the factory engineers that think "Hey! This would be a good idea. They come from input from the racers, Saxton, Kinwald, Francis, Drake, etc.

Also...I know for a fact that Kinwald does make his own parts, you just don't see'm until they've gone through testing. Then the geometry gets translated into easy to produce (read "injection molded") parts.

You forget that the pro racers you speak of usually work for the company that sponsors them.
I know they build the kits and help in the designing hence the kinwald editons and what not. I'm just saying i like it kinda small time one off kinda trucks that people build useing basic hand tools and backyard engineering.