Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Truck & Boat Trailer (with FE Boat)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Truck & Boat Trailer (with FE Boat)

Here is the first shot of a project I am working on - An Axial SCX10 I just finished with a Whitebone Trailer and (Fast Electric) Brushless Lipo powered Boat I will build with EBay Parts (all parts required are loose in the boat). I am working on the hitch now. What do you guys think of the relative size of the trailer and boat with respect to the 1/10 scale Truck?

All opinions and comment are welcomed - Thanks - Steve
Attached Images

Steve at Danfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

looks good to me!! paint that trailer tho, black or silver

Those ebay fast electric boats are awesome!! the hull turns on rails and they are very stable even in big chop. (a friend has one and it drove circles around my SV27)

oh and the boat needs to loose the pink!!!
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Looks good! Paint the trailer, loose the pink, and it'll look better. Could anyone give me a link to those boats?
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks sick so far, but like everyone else said, needs a diff. color scheme.

How much do those boats run?
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:14 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Here is the best guy on EBay - No GST, No Duty, Fast Shipping, Well Packed, quality stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/25-deep-vee-ARTR...QQcmdZViewItem

That boat would fly with a little tweaking. Plus he has all the stuff to build your own although I will advise anyone where to get a great cheap motor

Here is one of mine I built from scratch and a vid of it. Thats a BIG lap at Danford Lake near Kazabazua Quebec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_zNzsPV5bE
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
Sinking with the ship

I have one of those boats (actually 2) that I got all set up from Skunk Works...

Be careful with top deck cover, mine blew off and SANK and never found
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

some pics of my friends ebay boat:

Old 04-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #8

how fast will it go?
party112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Are rc boats really fun? All I see is people driving in circles, doesn't look very fun to me. So did you paint your boat? Or is that a different boat?
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I have one of those boats (actually 2) that I got all set up from Skunk Works...

Be careful with top deck cover, mine blew off and SANK and never found
Whats up w/ the tug? That looks really cool.

You need a few scale barges to push around with it!

I'd have a boat or two if there were more water around here.

With a scale boat, would'nt you need glassy-smooth water for it to be really fun? At this small scale it seems to me like even wind-ripples would make it like driving through rough seas.

Are these boats stable in rougher conditions? If you flip a boat on its lid 50 yards away from you, you can't just walk over to it and right it again like a car/truck. You'd have to swim to it or get it with another boat, right?
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Is there anywhere to get more info on these "Fast electric" boats. Is it a brand, do they have a website or distributor or is it just a small time ebay thing. Im interested in gettin into boats and these look pretty bango, exspecially the CAT that is on that ebay link.

Thanks for the info.

Steve
mrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrc View Post
Is there anywhere to get more info on these "Fast electric" boats. Is it a brand, do they have a website or distributor or is it just a small time ebay thing. Im interested in gettin into boats and these look pretty bango, exspecially the CAT that is on that ebay link.

Thanks for the info.

Steve
The ebay link goes to a mono hull-this is the one to get!! they are VERY fast and VERY stable stock. My friends was going 45 mph easy with 4s lipos.

The only downfall to these boats is getting parts. They don't use standard 3/16" hardware, they use 4mm. so if something breaks you'll probably have to convert everything to the 3/16" hardware.

There really isn't much info on these perticular boats but for tuning help and just good general knowledge check out offshoreelectrics.com.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

For those interested in F/E boats there are 2 main sites

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/index.php

and

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/

These are forums where you can gain more info. The guys at rumrunners are more race orientated and the guys at offshore are more sport types but dont cut them short.
I am not gonna hijack the thread and go into F/E just think lipos and brushless and more amps higher amp rateing ...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Lonewolf - You are aAbsolutely right with those great forums Man - Super source for information and getting answers to those critical problems (I should use them more myself) - I have the boat and "Ambush" body by Proline getting painted by an artist now. Got the hitch in from Whitebone RC Trailers and will install it soon. I have everything including two 3 cell lipos and a 200A ESC ready for the project and all the mounting gear for the hardaware has been epoxied into the hull prior to paint. I shall post more pix when able and farther along in the build. Thanks - Steve
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
Whats up w/ the tug? That looks really cool.

You need a few scale barges to push around with it!

I'd have a boat or two if there were more water around here.

With a scale boat, would'nt you need glassy-smooth water for it to be really fun? At this small scale it seems to me like even wind-ripples would make it like driving through rough seas.

Are these boats stable in rougher conditions? If you flip a boat on its lid 50 yards away from you, you can't just walk over to it and right it again like a car/truck. You'd have to swim to it or get it with another boat, right?
Yep - quiet water is better - I think if it's glassy smooth the hull seems to stick to the water a bit more but with a few gentle ripples they go nice too. They sure will flip over if they hit a wave (from a real boat say) but not every time. You can get super light carbon fiber hulls with flood chambers built in so if they flip they self right and you can take off again no problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290313728990

This guy has some amazing boat stuff in his store - Take a peek and drool!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default Project coming along nicely!

Hi - So here is a short vid and some pix of how things are shaping up - Electric winch will be working soon from transmitter and I am working on a release mechanism for the boat. Speaking of the boat - It will be sick fast on 5 or 6 cell cell lipo power with the brushless 540 XL9 (it's got to be 5 cell to have a reverse in the ESC I will be using (That's a 200 Amp ESC in the boat now capable of handeling 6 cells!)

Here is a vid of the truck pulling the trailer (that's a nice bump it goes over too no problem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhyfygk4ZSc
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Default Project coming along!!

Here is a short video of my project - Again many Thanks to Dave Jones at Bodywerx here in Ottawa for the supurb paint on Truck and Boat - By the way - I've been testing the boat with a few different props and it just flies on 5 cell lipo and Brushless motor - I shall post video soon - I have to landscape a "beach" where I can back down to the water and launch boat so keep you eyes peeled for that video to come later I hope!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_jOWkttsQI
Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default Boat video

Here's the boat in the water on 5 cell lipo power - Better video to come soon but you get the idea - Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqGK3Z6IjY
Old 08-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Nice...rig looks really good to..

Crossed my mind once or twice about getting a boat and trailer...anyone know about a bass boat??

Last edited by squatch71; 08-16-2009 at 10:30 AM.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Nice...rig looks really good to..

Crossed my mind once or twice about getting a boat and trailer...anyone know about a bass boat??

This is the closest I've found so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZn8F...layer_embedded
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote