Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Jeepspeed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Jeepspeed

Got the body for my Class 3700 project. Its the Mcallister Jeep Cherokee with the Flared Fenders and quarters. I plan on putting some more realistic touchs on the quarters and fenders though and making them how the really are on Jeepspeeds with the flat tops. Im also taking the roof spoiler off because thats just retarded looked. Ive got styrene on the way as well as RC4WD 110mm Scale shocks for the rear and 90mm Scale shocks for the front. Im going to start the chassis around next wednesday. Going be 2wd with straight axle in the front 4 linked and a RC4WD axle, either a 60 or a black widow. After I get the chassis built Im thread cutting the body into panels i.e roof, quarters, doors, fenders, etc. It wont have a hatch on it. Im going to run Losi Mini Late Model 1.5 wheels with Narrowed and reduced DirtGrabbers (BFG A/T in 1:1 scale) that will be around 3.3 tall +/- 1/8 inch. Brushless is a def with a XXX-T tranny locked with single outdrive for the tranny. Trannys the only real iffy thing in the build plans, anyone have any better ideas for a scale go-fast tranny? Id really like something I could stash in a 1/10 V-8 static engine but this is really the first project Ive thought about doing that with so Ideas anyone? Comments, suggestions? Building to replicate my 1:1 as it will be in a few years.

Last edited by TBex; 06-20-2009 at 09:10 PM.
TBex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Don't cut up that body,........ give it to me to cut it up Where did you happen apon that body?
axlline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

if that mcallistar body is anything like the 'yota body i got, it's junk. the plastic is way thin, there's little to no detail, and the corners crumple really easy. i tore mine the first time out with it. i personally think there's more strength in a 2 liter pop bottle...
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Even if it is it wont hurt much, its going on a trophy truck build, it wont get run but a few times a year so a disposable body may not be what Im necessarily want but its nothing for me to get to upset over but no the less thanks for the heads up SCC
Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Tranny parts and axle housing for mock up ordered. Body arrives friday. Builds almost underway!

Last edited by TBex; 06-25-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait to see it!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Dude where did you see this body I don't see it on the site? You know I gotta have an XJ body for my crawler!
FlexdXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexdXJ View Post
Dude where did you see this body I don't see it on the site? You know I gotta have an XJ body for my crawler!
IIRC you can contact him and he'll sell you some, they just weren't part of the normal catalog
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Yessss, more Jeepspeed builds, cant wait to see more on this one. My first scaler attempt will be jeepspeed inspired. I have a few ideas in mind but I need some inspiration!
JBcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Heres the jeepspeed AI have been working on.

rcjeepbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

That looks good, nice tube work.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexdXJ View Post

The wheelbase is 10.5" and right at 6.5 wide. The only part I dont like about it is the stupid spoiler on the roof. But no problem for me to fix. Got it all cut out today except for the spoiler, already looks fast and mean just sitting there and there isnt even any tubes on her yet! or tires! haha the detail of the body is pretty low if it even exists at all but thats just going to make it that much funner when I get around to putting the actual paint on it instead of the white I have on it now so I can see it. The overall design of a cherokee is there but thats it. No XJ bodylines or anything like that. Really ya wouldnt know what it was if it wasnt for the grill
Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBex View Post
The wheelbase is 10.5" and right at 6.5 wide. The only part I dont like about it is the stupid spoiler on the roof. But no problem for me to fix. Got it all cut out today except for the spoiler, already looks fast and mean just sitting there and there isnt even any tubes on her yet! or tires! haha the detail of the body is pretty low if it even exists at all but thats just going to make it that much funner when I get around to putting the actual paint on it instead of the white I have on it now so I can see it. The overall design of a cherokee is there but thats it. No XJ bodylines or anything like that. Really ya wouldnt know what it was if it wasnt for the grill
Right on how much does it run? since the Jeep uses most of the Hobby budget I am hoping for kinda cheap.
FlexdXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Default Don't touch it

If you have a Jeep cherokee body, and it hasn't been beat up you better not even think about cutting it. Jeep Cherokee bodies are hard to find, and when you do find one they are usually a high dollar item. Don't touch it!
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

The body was on 24 shipped to the door. fernando, this isnt a hardshell or a import, these are lexan bodies that have been in production for over a decade. If it was a hardshell I must say even though they are rare, I wouldnt butcher it but I would cut in on it a little bit. But this project is on hold, Im in process of going King 2.5 14 travel bypass shocks on the Real Prerunner XJ. But non the less I actually have a decent bit of the frame rails bent, but since i finally got to start back at work Im looking into other ways of going about certain aspects since at work I have access to a tig.