Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Volvo Laplander with PTO driven trailer build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Volvo Laplander with PTO driven trailer build

I'd love to see this finished up , thought about doing one my self till I added up the coast of all the parts needed when I still need to finish 2 other projects. RC4WD also sells a 3 speed transfer case as well . If I was to build it I wanted it to function like the 1:1 and be able to cut the drive to the trailer and the front axle . Here is some links to an old build I've found.

Scratch-built Volvo C303 body on CC-01 - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Volvo c303 Revisited

And a link to a guy who makes portal axle adapters for Axial axles.

Portal Axle - Axial AX10, SCX10, 4x4x4 by ale-x-treme on Shapeways
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngward79 View Post
I'd love to see this finished up , thought about doing one my self till I added up the coast of all the parts needed when I still need to finish 2 other projects. RC4WD also sells a 3 speed transfer case as well . If I was to build it I wanted it to function like the 1:1 and be able to cut the drive to the trailer and the front axle . Here is some links to an old build I've found.

Scratch-built Volvo C303 body on CC-01 - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Volvo c303 Revisited

And a link to a guy who makes portal axle adapters for Axial axles.

Portal Axle - Axial AX10, SCX10, 4x4x4 by ale-x-treme on Shapeways
Starting to draft up myself. I already contacted rc4wd to get some info on the bullet transfer case. Plan on coupling that with a venom tranny with dig so I can disengage the pto to the trailer. Portals would be really nice but the cost might be out of reach.

if any else is working on one of these I hope they share.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I wouldn't use the venom tranny. I've heard nothing but bad things about it , though I'm sure its the cheapest option. Maybe the Vanquish dig unit on the ax10 tranny. Or the RC4WD 3 speed tranny coupled with there 3 speed transfer . At any rate it will be a heavy rig. Good luck I'll keep an eye open for the build for sure.
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngward79 View Post
I wouldn't use the venom tranny. I've heard nothing but bad things about it , though I'm sure its the cheapest option. Maybe the Vanquish dig unit on the ax10 tranny. Or the RC4WD 3 speed tranny coupled with there 3 speed transfer . At any rate it will be a heavy rig. Good luck I'll keep an eye open for the build for sure.
I know opinions vary on venom. I've been running that tranny in my comp crawler for years with no issues. Plus I have a spare tranny with a dig in the parts bin.

if I get to building I will start a build thread myself.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #25

Since I migrated my website to a new server I see that many of the images are not found.

The project hasn't gotten anywhere as I have been put off by the fact I need help building my Volvo Valp body. Since buying my son the Axial 2012 Jeep for Christmas I have to have something so we can drive together.

So I am opting to go with something else and building a PTO powered trailer to it instead.

Thinking of trying to make the build from the SCX10. Thoughts?

What I want to do is go with a multi channel radio so I have 2 channels for the winches that will be on the front of the truck and on the back of the trailer. Then an additional channel so I can engage and disengage the rear PTO that will power the trailer.

Thinking of using a R2 Black Tranny with Disconnect Where the disconnect side would engage and disengage the PTO on the rear bumper for the trailer. This will be in the rear bumper
The constant side would connect to a Triton Transfer Case (1:1) that in turn will provide full-time 4WD to the truck.

Here's my 1:1 rig and idea for my RC build in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahHJ...HvICrDsf1Jk5jg

MUAHAHAHA! Just waiting on the frame rails and SCX10 back axle so I can build the Expo Trailer!

Last edited by THX_138; 09-18-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Fotovalpen is offline   Reply With Quote