Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Wheel wells

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wheel wells

I've looked around at different wheel wells but not seeing how they are mounted. I'm getting ready to start making mine and wanted to know what way is best. Do you mount to the body or to the frame? If to frame, pics would help of how you mounted them.
Thanks guys..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

i use tupperware for my wheel wells and i just mounted mine threw the exsiting hole in the upper shock mounts just use a longer screw undo the nut slide the precut well behind the shock mount slide the screw threw the hole thats in the shock mount then threw the tupperware well and tightni have pics but they are on my camera so i hope this makes since and helps
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks alot. Helped me out, I was trying to go infront of the mount between the shock and mount. I like your idea better..lol
Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Here are mine on an Axial SCX-10 TR. I used some Huggies Baby Wipe containers. I have painted then black since these pics. You can see that I used existing holes in the chassis to mount them.

constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks for the pic. That really helped. I have to say after building my interior and front bumper I'm having the hardest time with the front wells. Between the firewall and the grill and measuring it out is seeming to be a big pain in the @s_. Along with trying to make it round or curved, it tends to flex on the outside and then to top it off to try and get the curves of the inside of the body so there's no gap.. :(
Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I used half a cd spindle top on mine, got the idea from another post here on teh forum, and I went and hot glued them to the under side of my JK. I needed the extra support anyway to help the fender flares survive. I had to notch in the area of the shocks to allow for clearance but they did come out pretty nice. I don't have any pics at the moment though. sorry
tgh117 is offline   Reply With Quote