Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: chassis question (pics included)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Question chassis question (pics included)

I'm wanting to build a more scale looking chassis for my WK and am thinking that I'll use the Skala V2 template from Offroader5 (thanks!). And I'm going to use the Parma Nissan Titan body that I have. The body is 20" L x 7" w x 5.25" H with a wheelbase of 13.25" or 13.5" (I can't remember exactly).

Anyway, here's what I have mocked up so far...what do you think? Too short, too long, just right?

brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks pretty good to me. One thing to consider would be some adjustment in the rear. Not sure if you are planning on keeping the bumpers or running something different, but you may as well design the chassis to accept them right off the bat. Other then that, looks pretty good otherwise. I think the front end looks good and should be able adapt a different bumper pretty easily if need be. Good luck with your build.
tgh117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgh117 View Post
Looks pretty good to me. One thing to consider would be some adjustment in the rear. Not sure if you are planning on keeping the bumpers or running something different, but you may as well design the chassis to accept them right off the bat. Other then that, looks pretty good otherwise. I think the front end looks good and should be able adapt a different bumper pretty easily if need be. Good luck with your build.
I didn't even notice that...the rear is waay too high to mount another bumper to. Should I have the chassis curve down behind the wheel well similar to the way the front comes down?
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default bumpers

I would figure out what i wanted for bumpers. Make them then bring the frame both front and rear down to them. Other than that great start.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote