Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Rollback re-do

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Rollback re-do

Well, it's time to tear into one of the old-timers. The rollback is old enough that there are a few half-ass, use-what-I-had aspects that just cry out to be corrected.

First thing to go is the XC chassis. Even on a good day they don't steer worth a damn. With a 14-inch WB, even more so. Had to do a 3-point turn just to get around the corner.

I had this International 4300 flatbed that doesn't get driven much (Knight Hauler frame, old modded CXT cab) and the rollback mechanism sits nicely on the rails.

Put a smaller spur gear on the rollback drive so it fits between the frame rails. Swapped the silver-can for a 55t to slow it down and torque it up. In place of the 3-speed is an Axial trans with another 55t.

The rollback subframe sits right on the main rails, so it's a bit lower than before. Still not right on top of the wheels like the real deal, but as low as it's getting.

This mess is a motor selector, kind of like a Punk dig, except it only runs one motor at a time. That way I free up an ESC for future use. The - side of the motors are connected, + side is switched.

One of my friends (yes I have those) is an EE and he'll hook me up with some flashing LED's for the light bar.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Nope..

This is AWESOME.. Any updates?
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

awesome. how is that thing old there still for sale as a new truck. hahaha must see update.
ax10rtrmaster is offline   Reply With Quote