Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Wireless Winch Controller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
On the lookout for Rocks

Default RC4WD Wireless Winch Controller

Has anyone tried to use RC4WD's wireless winch controller and receiver on a 3Racing winch? I don't see why it wouldn't work, it still will operate a brushed motor.

Last edited by constantmotion; 07-02-2010 at 09:09 AM.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yes only slight downside is that rc4wd used a non R/C style plug on the board. its a pretty common plug for electrical components though shouldnt be hard to find or just remove it and switch to a standard R/C style battery plug..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ye I have a RC4WD winch up front and 3R in the rear for the axle. I used a switch from the Shack to control which winch is working. Only draw back is the range I'm getting.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I am running two of them. i had some of the rc4wd winches around that were trashed so i just cut the plugs off and put them on the 3r winch. i love the wireless part and they work great for me
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

have you gus noticed that rc4wd deliver this winch with an extra spare motor and gearbox ?

and it does nog matter if you get the winch with or without the remote control.

so every winch from rc4wd has extra spare motor and gearbox.

but when i look on ebay for this winch some vendors left out that little piece of text that says : comes with spare motor and gearbox.
but the vendors keep the same price as rc4wd.

so when i get my rc4wd winch, where should i buy?

the black one that i want is sold out at the rc4wd shop
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
have you gus noticed that rc4wd deliver this winch with an extra spare motor and gearbox ?

and it does nog matter if you get the winch with or without the remote control.

so every winch from rc4wd has extra spare motor and gearbox.

but when i look on ebay for this winch some vendors left out that little piece of text that says : comes with spare motor and gearbox.
but the vendors keep the same price as rc4wd.

so when i get my rc4wd winch, where should i buy?

the black one that i want is sold out at the rc4wd shop
Try RPP
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default RC4WD wireless or otherwise

ok, i jsut bought a 3racing for my boyer build. he used it to setup the grill so i thought i would stay with the same thing... however, i noticed the rc4wd wireless pulls twice as much wieght... here is my 64$ question...

since every time i buy something from RC4WD...EVERYTIME... it doesnt do what they say it will on thier site.. it does something close but not what they said. Like my "scale light system" they said the headlights come on but what they dont tell you is they come on blinking instead of solid. which, i am sure you can all understand is jsut total bullshit. so, what is the "features" of thier winches? what extra BS can i expect if i fooolishly give them more of my money? any ideas? do they pull what they say? does the wireless controller really control thier wench or will it control my servo too or some other function? anyone have any experience here? i dont want to give up any more dough if it doesnt do what they say.
avoidsthelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidsthelight View Post
ok, i jsut bought a 3racing for my boyer build. he used it to setup the grill so i thought i would stay with the same thing... however, i noticed the rc4wd wireless pulls twice as much wieght... here is my 64$ question...

since every time i buy something from RC4WD...EVERYTIME... it doesnt do what they say it will on thier site.. it does something close but not what they said. Like my "scale light system" they said the headlights come on but what they dont tell you is they come on blinking instead of solid. which, i am sure you can all understand is jsut total bullshit. so, what is the "features" of thier winches? what extra BS can i expect if i fooolishly give them more of my money? any ideas? do they pull what they say? does the wireless controller really control thier wench or will it control my servo too or some other function? anyone have any experience here? i dont want to give up any more dough if it doesnt do what they say.
You can move the lights around on that system and plug that light into a different socket and you will have a solid non flashing headlight.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have an RC4WD Bulldog whinch and I am very happy with it........, Yes it comes with a spare motor and gearebox but I have not had to use this as yet . If there products are sold out they can usually send it out after a couple of weeks, which happened to me and only took 2 weeks to be sent.....I have a lot of RC4WD parts etc and have always had great service and emails to up date me when or if there is ever a problem ...
I also have the lighting system and have never had a problem with it either and you can change the plugs around to suit. I think this is a great option just need to undestand what you have purchased.
Cheers
kenworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Question

For those of you who already made a rc4wd reciever and controller using a 3racing winch, would you mind posting pics or something on how you did it?

is just that in RC4WD site it says controller and reciever wont work in other winches.
so it would help a lot to see a pic or something.
Thanks
LorenzoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #11

Default Re: RC4WD Wireless Winch Controller

my rc4wd wireless winch doesnt get the range that i wanted to. i mean i should get the remote close like 4inch near the controller in order for it to work. is this normal? i need your help guys
koyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #12

I have an issue with my RC4wd whinch i just purchased, it is installed on my scx10 with a spektrum 3520 rx in the aux port. I set the DX3r-Pro to 11ms to turn on the port and have button E set to 3P and the whinch motor never shuts off. it will spool in or out when you push the switch in each direction but when you return to the neutral position the motor keeps buzzing and gets very hot. I have tried to adjust the speed controler and it works once stopping the motor but as soon as i operate the whinch again it won't shut down. I am using a 2s lipo 6500mah 90c battery and a fx-r esc if that matters.

thanks
Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

So when stopped is it creeping? I'm not familar with spectrum, but on futaba you can adjust subtrims without changing epas. That might be the issue.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #14

I spent some time last night adjusting subtrims and travel with no luck. I stoped by the Lhs where I got it and after checking another one out we found out it was a bad esc that comes with the whinch. The Lhs swaped out the esc and it now works great.

Thanks for the reply
Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote