Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: What new chassis and build would you do??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What new chassis and build would you do??

So here is the deal. I would love to be more of a custom fab guy, learn brazing and all but I work way to much. I work about 70-75 hrs a week. Anyway I just got a little bonus so I wanted to start a new build.

I have always wanted to do a leafer or something else cool. I have been looking hard at some of the new complete chassis on RC4wd like the gelande defeender and also the Boyer tuberwith a tundra front end. Only thing I dont like about the boyer is is the swiss cheese rear mounting brackets.

I dunno I just looking for some ideas for you guys would build on a strictly bolt up or min fab build.

I love the Tundra Cab, also f350, defender, but also open to ideas.

I dont have alot of free time but I love a project for the few hours I do have a day.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Start with an SCX-10 frame kit, they're only about $50 bucks, pretty scale and very versatile. Also, being metal you can braze leaf mounts or what ever you want to add to it.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I'm leaning toward the Tundra or F-350 truggy myself. I thought the same about the Boyer, but that's what you have to do for a production style chassis. I do like the gelande, I think that would be a fun one to build up.

I really have a hard time deciding what to build next, for myself that is, because of all the rigs I do for customers. Right now I have six bodies sitting around my shop with ten different ideas for each. But can't decide winch to do, one week it's going to be this one and the next this.So now I've just settled on doing simple builds, nothing to crazy. Makes me happy.

Last edited by R2j; 09-01-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: doh!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
No idea what I'm doing

I'd go with the full SCX-10 kit from TCS Under $200 right now, and you get everything you need. leaf kits are available for it, and it's a great starting platform if you want to get into some tube work in the future.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I'd go with the full SCX-10 kit from TCS Under $200 right now, and you get everything you need. leaf kits are available for it, and it's a great starting platform if you want to get into some tube work in the future.
X2. Took the words right outa my mouth.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote