Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: New Bright bodies??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New Bright bodies??

So I have been looking at the new bright bodies and I was wondering. What are the bodies that will fit on a honcho. Are they all the 10th scale bodies. I just don't want to spend 70 bucks just to throw away. Please help!!

Thatnks!!
253Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
RCC Addict

They can mostly all be made to fit as long as they are 1/10 or 1/8 scale. the most popular are the 1/8 Jeep JK (new body style 4dr Wrangler) and the 1/10 Jeep TJ ( 97-2005 2dr Wrangler). You just have to extend the wheelbase a bit for the JK or shorten it for the Tj. The wheelbase you use is very dependent on what you want it to come out like scale/comp/monster etc. The closest fir would be the JK as all you would have to do is use some spacers on the existing links or longer rod ends to get the wheelbase where it needs to be. The wheelbase of the JK is about 13 inches and the Tj is about 10 1/4. So it would be shorten about two inches for the TJ or lengthen about 3/4 for the JK. The only other drawback to the TJ is you will probably want to shorten the frame as well so it doesn't stick way out in front and back.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

black friday pricing for 1:10 scale new bright rc's was 20 bucks @ walmart
aztitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The 1:8 jk is on sale at radio shack I think until the 24th for 59.99 so I bought one today. I didn't want to spend the 80 either. But if you look at it, if you built a interior it would cost $50 + with all the accessories. OH by the way, I kind of lined up a stock scx10 truck body and the wheel base was pretty close. My thought was to put another body on it and sell it on craigslist for $30 LOL
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Well they have some nice looking bodies out at the moment.

I'm thinking I might pick up the Explorer sport trac from Toys R Us, or the F150 quad cab from Wal-Mart, both $60.

And yes, its hard to explain to the wife that you're buying a toy just for the body and to toss the rest in the garbage, but then I showed her the price of just a pro-line lexan body, then paint, access. ect.
79cutlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cutlas View Post
And yes, its hard to explain to the wife that you're buying a toy just for the body and to toss the rest in the garbage,
AINT THAT THE F-IN TRUTH!!! My wife gave me crap for almost 2 weeks when i got my JK body. Back on topic, search and you can find some JK's on X-Trail chassis and sc10 chassis. I am in the process of my jk scaler build and i just used some c channel, map gas torch and some misc. tools and made one. The hardes part for me wasnt the frame, but the mounting body TO frame. I will post my build hopefully this weekend.
friscokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Yes mounting new bright bodies can be a pain , I'll say your local hobby shop is your best friend when building one , or at least mine was. They usually only deal with simple traxxas stuff bit they were very interested in building these
79cutlas is offline   Reply With Quote