Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: steering bellcrank?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default steering bellcrank?

posting here because it involves using it in a scale build and had a weird and crazy thought, say I want to do rear steer for a build but the rig will switch between TTC and street so the whole rear stear needs to be hiiden in the street version, if using a bell crank, is there a way you can lock them? so that in street it stays straight but when you want to go ttc you can unlock and use rear steer? I though of just leaving the servo straight but that can put strain and draw power, which is no go. would rather disconnect the servo and have the bellcrank locked. anyone done this? or understand what I'm talking about?
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

A couple ideas. Could you build a link that could link the top of the bell crank to a hard point on the chassis. So you just swap out the links between the servo and the bell crank. Or rather than ever going to the bell crank in street mode, make a hard attachment point on the axle and a small link that attached the knuckle to the axle to prevent turning. Lastly, what if you drilled and tapped a small hole in the bell crank housing and were able to put a screw in there that you could tighten down to the lock the system, then you wouldn't need to swap links you could just tighten or loosen the screw. This is probably a little confusing to read and I am not completely sure how you have your bell crank set up. Let me know if you need any clarification.

-Andrew Miller
millrtme is offline   Reply With Quote