Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 or 2.2????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #1

Default 1.9 or 2.2????

Hello everyone. I have been lurking around these forums for a couple of months now but finally joined and starting to get involved. Recently got back into the RC world building a jet sprint boat an me and a buddy got some 1/10 buggys to mess with but quickly found out they aren't upto the abuse we want to throw at them.

After reading a million build threads I've decided to dive right in an build an IFS KOH ultra 4 type rig. I've been on the bay and various other sites and picked up an exo front end and a wraith rear axle to gets things kick started.

Before I go any further though I need to get some wheels and tyres to mock up the lay out. This is where I ask 1.9 or 2.2. I plan on finding a 1:1 truck on pirate to base my build on but what wheel size should I choose. Are there any rc completion rules that dictate track, wheelbase or any other dimensions I should work to?

As I say I'm new to all this so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom
wightman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1.9 or 2.2????

yes, there are specific guidelines regarding wheelbase, track width, etc - they can be found here: 2013 SORRCA Scale rules

(posted in the "competitions & events" section of the forums, stickied post, right at the top)

as for 1.9 or 2.2 - i would go thru the above rules, decide what it is you want to do as far as which class you want, and then get an idea of what others are using in that class.
A lot of us dont comp, so wheel/tire size and track width is personal choice. If you do want to comp, the above rules will help you get your rig set up correctly.
heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

if you dont want to comp its up to you 2.2 is huge for scale and 1.9 is about the equivilant of a 40 inch tire but if you like the look of small wheels and 33-41 inch tires go for 1.55 hope i helped
jezzami101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The exo and wraith axle width will limit you to a larger tire. Unless you run a huge 1.9 tire that is.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote