Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Micro Crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #1

Default Micro Crawlers?

I'm into the Micro Scene (1/25th and smaller), but I want a small scale crawler that is still capable. I have oil-filled (kinda) shocks to use (Micro-T Dampers), but I've beeen stuck on what to use for a rear axel for a while.

Then I came over here and hopped over to the Maxx Crawlers forum. I saw a thread were some one made a custom axels out of Revo Sliders and a Revo/Emaxx Diff. This gave me the idea of making my own axels (don't like SSMT's), but I wondering if you guys have input, or have seen anything like this (again, non-SSMT!).

Well, I though I might use the outside of the Axels from my Revo for axel tubes, but I need a good diff or spool to supply power, and I'm wondering how to make it steer.

Here is a link to the current project page for it, I have lightly started so far, and all I can say is that it will resemble a Stick or RocMaxx Chassis!
http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforu...ead.php?t=1226

I'm also considering use a Micro-T diff, but I think the gears might strip out....

Here's what I've been thinking of using for a rear base assembly (Kel fro InfernalRC's Mini-Z)

http://infernalrc.com/modules.php?na...&t=604&start=0

Naturaly, it will be wider, but I'm still thinking about how to make it steer, and what wheels to use...

Note:
1.) Micro-T as in MICRO, not Mini-T, Team Losi makes them.
2.) I'm sorry if I can't link to other forums, still have to read the rules here, as well as on Scale4x4 and R7R....
3.) No SSMT builds. Possibly good Xmod Evolution Truck builds.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links