Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Hawaii

Notices

Thread: 11 drivers, new record for Team A'AMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 11 drivers, new record for Team A'AMA

As the sun tried to find its way through the rain that was just pulverizing nice quiet Hilo this past saturday morning, Doubts was just bugging my mind as how we where going to pull this day off. With the the type of prizes and the amount of prizes being offered at todays event, and a visiting competitor from Honolulu already in town from one stinkin early flight, It would be a disapointment to have to have the event canceled. With the help and positive attitude from our visiting friend JT, only provided extra motivation to get things done. As JT and I was sitting their at the comp. site contiplating the direction of the clouds, we noticed something else positive. Drivers was showing up with no doubt in their minds that this day WAS going to happen. Jt agreed to start making a course as I started to set the pit site. By the time we were done setting up the course and finished our drivers meeting, It would be 10:30 am. The rain did stop, but the first course was still soaked. A detrimental situation for those who had the time to treat there tires with simple green. Yes, I did simple green my tires which gave a few other drivers a good laugh.
About 10:45 was good enough for the first truck to pull out of the first gate. At first, nine drivers was enterd and set for battle. But To the Teams surprize, Two drivers from the UNIVERSITY of hilo showed up with a NYLINT. After a quick rundown of the rules, Lorenzo and REV agreed to use my sw2 crawler that I brougt just for this situation. Now we had 11 drivers. A record the could not have gone unnoticed by some of the regulars.

The day was filled with tones of carnage that coused many repair penalties. Course #1 proved to be the most challenging of the day. All but one driver did not make the finish. The one section trying to get through gate 2 sure showed signs of carnage when you can see the paint of the truck that went before you was still on the rocks.
I was using my AX10 to take course #1 with 14pts.

Course #2 allowed a few more drivers through but not much. The 'PIT of Dispare', just before a steep climd to clear gate #3 claimed many trucks by point-outs and breakage. JT was recovering from some radio damage due to the rain earlier that day. His efforts at keeping his score down to 12pts. kept him and his Hustler in the game. I was under pressure to make sure of a course #2 win. Choosing a few good lines I was able to get a good pass through the infamus "Pit of Dispare", dropping my score to a -3.
Bradda L8 had no plans to be left out of any thing less that what he deserved. L8 was in the running again by finishing 3rd with 18pts.

Course #3 started a little late but the ambition of the 8 drivers that was left, were still at a high level. I was sent out on the course first this time. Fatigue must have set in becouse I got a gate penalty, rollover touch and a few to many reverses that pushed Me back a few spots to finish course#3 in third position with 23pts. Carnage also finaly cought up with my Ax10 as a RT rear 4link was draging under the axle. Luckily two more gates was left and I was able to finish without having a repair penalty. After that, many drivers fell to the 'VALLEY of DEATH", which was just before the 'bridge'. If your line was not right on spot apon dropping into the VALEY, one will soon find themself trying to pull off a recover move to no evail.
Jt made minced meet of the Hilo drivers by showing how it was done by pulling in a score of only 2pts. to get a hold of the first spot on course#3.
L8 was able to pull off a few good lines that moved him up into the 2nd spot with 22pts. Great driving L8.
Finaly Kevan K. Last months champion, was able to shake off that gate magnet that was stuck on his SW2 and have at an impresive comeback run on the 3rd course to grasp the #4 spot with 34pts.

Results goes like this: (Feels funny to announce myself, but here it goes)
Winner of the grand prize axial AX10 sponsored by 'TIOLI creative center', goes to me

1st place- 34pts. Jerome Da' Hermit March champ.
2ndplace- 54pts.JT (declined his prize and donated to 3rd place)
3rdplace- 80pts.L8 won a set of rubicon tires from ALOHA HOBBIES
4thplace- 114pts.Kevan won a set of 2.2 badlands from
Team Building Hawaii

Rock Race champ for march: Jerome Da' Hermit

1st - Jerome @1min. 28 sec. (donated prize to fourth place)
2nd- Ryan @1min. 40 sec. Won hi-tech servo from 'HRCC'
3rd- L8 @2min flat Won an AXIAL front lipo/servo plate from
'R/C Heavan'
4th- kevan-Broke took home over $45 of stickers by 'BOLO Graphics'

Thanks To:
TIOLI creative center Kona 808-326-2820
R/C Heavan Hilo 808-959-1199
BOLO Graphics Hilo 808-640-0947
Team Building Hawaii Hilo 808-963-6813
ALOHA HOBBIES Oahu 808-839-6399

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: HRCC on Oahu. We thank you for your gift. Your support means a lot to our team here. We are honored to crawl with your team any time. Soon we can meet and make some friendly yet competitive fun weather it be here or there. Stay posted for an invite to Hilo for Team A'AMA's House warming and start of the real season some time in JULY. As allways, The state will be invited. Until then see you on the 19 of APRIL.

Small-kine having issues with my photobucket. Pictures coming soon.

Last edited by Da Hermit; 03-20-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

My wife only took photos of my truck, but here are some of others.

crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

And since my wife only took photos of my truck here are a couple. Oh... sorry about the large photos in my previous post. I wanted to make sure that the quality was there. When I tried to resize them they started to blur and you couldn't read the sponsors names and worst yet you couldn't see Jerome's smile. Anyway these pictures I did resize. Enjoy!

crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Got some more pictures. Check out how dry the courses ended up.
Turned out to be a beautiful day.

Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

sweet pics!! wish i was there i think i would have won the ax10!!! nah nah joke. at least i know who to gun for huh jerome. whos ax is that that broke the knuckle. man i wish i was there. well i hope everyone had fun even though i know its hard when i no ste. hehehe
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote