RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Hawaii (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hawaii/)
-   -   Hawaii's Top Truck Challange (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hawaii/231288-hawaiis-top-truck-challange.html)

garage5 06-04-2010 12:28 AM

damn.....got denied. off to look for another location. the owner of the property was afraid of liability.....wouldn't be to bad for couple of us to go play but not a big group.....sorry guys i tried

army of one 06-04-2010 03:26 AM

oh dude dat sucks...............good luck

chris akhay 06-13-2010 05:33 AM

did this happen yet?

army of one 06-14-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris akhay (Post 2499658)
did this happen yet?

nope not yet ...................iam waiting 28)

cutlaSS 06-14-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by army of one (Post 2501467)
nope not yet ...................iam waiting 28)

x3......

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 06-23-2010 04:19 PM

I have an idea...........

To make everything easier for all involved, let's scrap the trail/street classes, in favor of one class............................................

Run what ya brung & hope you brought enuff class!!! "thumbsup"

This way, we don't have to worry about specs, who belongs in what class, what tire size, what rim size......whatever.....just run what you brung.

Team Kamakaze 06-23-2010 04:23 PM

sounds good to me........

JoeWorks 06-23-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 2513827)
I have an idea...........

To make everything easier for all involved, let's scrap the trail/street classes, in favor of one class............................................

Run what ya brung & hope you brought enuff class!!! "thumbsup"

This way, we don't have to worry about specs, who belongs in what class, what tire size, what rim size......whatever.....just run what you brung.

Hows about just adding an open ("Run what ya brung & hope you brought enuff class!!! "thumbsup"" class.. And keeping what you all started.. I've seen pics of the GTGs with rigs that looks lite it will fit the street and 2.2 classes. And I'm sure more rigs are on the islands and by adding the "OPEN CLASS", it will open the TTC Comps to more people..

The way I see it if its just one class with no rules, it will look like who has the most money and/or fabrication skills will have the advantage in most cases..

My 2 cents..

Shoots..

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 06-23-2010 07:51 PM

The real question is, do we want a TOP truck challenge or just 1.9/2.2 scale comps?

If it's TTC then which one is TOP? the 2.2 or the 1.9? Can't have 2 TOP trucks.

As far as money/fab skill, what hobby/sport can you excel with neither? If you want to win it, it will take some money and/or fab skills.

If you want to bring your RTR honcho, that's fine too. You can add some things to it to make it really capable.

I just don't see the point in having 2 classes anymore if we're doing a TOP truck challenge.

JoeWorks 06-23-2010 08:29 PM

True.. one must spend time/money/skill to excel in ones hobby/sport but most of not all have some rules to follow.. Good thing I didn't finish my TTC rig.. hehe

If TTC will only have on class, I still feel TTC should still have a few simple rules/maximum/limits to ones rig. like maximum tire and/or wheel dia. and maybe motor size be limited to 540 and still keep the no MOA rule.

The way its sounding that super class or 1/6 scale moa class crawler is able to take part? not that i'm saying its a bad thing but..

I say set a few simple rules and go.. keep us posted on what you all plan/think.. I'm just trying to follow on this one..

Shoots..

cutlaSS 06-24-2010 01:36 AM

One class sounds good.

army of one 06-24-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 2514110)
The real question is, do we want a TOP truck challenge or just 1.9/2.2 scale comps?

If it's TTC then which one is TOP? the 2.2 or the 1.9? Can't have 2 TOP trucks.

As far as money/fab skill, what hobby/sport can you excel with neither? If you want to win it, it will take some money and/or fab skills.

If you want to bring your RTR honcho, that's fine too. You can add some things to it to make it really capable.

I just don't see the point in having 2 classes anymore if we're doing a TOP truck challenge.

one class sounds good! and i would have 2 say make it 1.9 if me and da boys can run1.9 on 2.2 if not just make it 2.2 ..................da only thing i think it would be 2 eazy for 2.2 tire size then 1.9 tires

army of one 06-24-2010 10:58 AM

just my 2 cents..... u can have da most money or most fab in your rigs if you dont chose da right lines. all dat money and fad dont mean nothing.just because i seen stock trucks come out and do everything da a mod truck can do. not tryin 2 say anyone better then any one eles its just from what i seen. ...............but dats just my 2 cents

Team Kamakaze 06-24-2010 12:01 PM

if its one class i going come out with my super 1/6 scaler.........lol:shock:

nah just kidding

JoeWorks 06-24-2010 03:00 PM

Yes driving skills plays a big roll on winning but having good stuff (purchased and/or made) dose help. I'm just saying that a simple/handfull set of rules should be made. Like maximum tire diameter (use what ever wheel you like), maximum wheel base and maybe maximum motor size, yes or no on rear steer, MOA, dig etc.

I figure planning the tough courses/event with this information would be helpfull. If the course would have to accomodate that may be the maximum rig available that I think is a 1/6 scale and make it tough for it and most likely imposible for small scales.

There is pros and cons on each type of set-up but that is part of the planning and building what you think is a top truck.

Shoots..

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 06-24-2010 05:07 PM

Joe you're over thinking it. Def. no moa, no supers, no motor or wb limit, any rim 2.2 or smaller tire hight of 5.5", must be shaft driven w/center mounted trans. Pretty much like the trail class rules.

These are some examples of what kind of trucks I'd like to see.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/238390-%2A-top-truck-challenge-entry-thread-%2A.html

RydeFab 06-24-2010 05:49 PM

i agree with dtp, just have one "run what you brung" class. simply a 1/10 version of what you see on the 1:1 trails and street. just a scaled down version. come on guys............how hard is it to follow. 1/6 scale or supers, just too big and not scale to me when it's gonna compete with more than a majority of 1/10 scale rigs. while most bodies are of 1/10 scale size, simply make a rig that is proportional to the body.

btw dtp......................i'll have your stuff welded up this weekend. had alot of stuff to do this week. i'll give you a call when done.

JoeWorks 06-24-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 2515355)
Joe you're over thinking it. Def. no moa, no supers, no motor or wb limit, any rim 2.2 or smaller tire hight of 5.5", must be shaft driven w/center mounted trans. Pretty much like the trail class rules.

These are some examples of what kind of trucks I'd like to see.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238390

Thats what I wanted to hear my friend.. basic rules is good.."thumbsup"

Wasn't trying to over think TTC.. Just fishing for clarification of "open class".. didn't want my self or someone to show up and get banned cause my/thier definition of open is super class tires/rig or make use of my dust collecting berg or something.. Thanks for clearing things up..

Shoots..

Team Kamakaze 06-24-2010 07:32 PM

sounds good guys........when might this happen though?:shock:

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 06-24-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Kamakaze (Post 2515515)
sounds good guys........when might this happen though?:shock:

Was this past sunday @ the stadium."thumbsup":lmao: